Why doesn’t the course launch when I try to launch it?
Your web browser may be set to hide pop-up windows. To temporarily allow a site to display pop-ups, click the Information Bar when it notifies you that a pop-up has been blocked. Then click Temporarily Allow Pop-ups.
If you are using Internet Explorer:
You can change your Pop-up blocker settings using the following steps:
1. On the Tools menu, point to Pop-up Blocker, and then click Pop-up Blocker Settings.
2. If you want to see pop-up windows from a specific website, type the address (or URL) of the site in the Address of Website to allow box, and then click Add.
3. Click Close on the Pop-up Blocker Settings window.
If you are using Firefox:
To unblock a pop-up window that Firefox has blocked follow these steps:
1. Click on the pop-up blocker toolbar to display the blocker menu.
2. From the menu select the Allow popups for CharityVillage.com option
3. Reload the page
To change your Firefox settings to allow pop-ups:
1. From the Tools menu select Options
2. Click on the Web Features tab located on the left of the window
3. In there you will see a ticked option called Block Popup Windows, to the right of this is a button titled Allowed Sites click on this button
4. In the address of website field enter charityvillage.com and click Allow. The CharityVillage eLearning website should now appear in the list of allowed sites as shown below.
5. Click OK twice to save and exit.
If you are using Safari (on a Mac):
1. Click on Safari from the Safari menu
2. Make sure that Block Pop-up Windows is not checked
3. If Block Pop-up Windows has a checkmark beside it, then click Block Pop-up Windows to un-check
If the above steps do not fix the problem:
In addition to the pop-up blocker built into your web browser, you may have other pop-up blockers installed on your computer. Each of these additional pop-up blockers will need to be set to allow pop-ups from CharityVillage.
If the Google toolbar is installed:
To unblock a pop-up window that the Google toolbar has blocked, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your CharityVillage.com account and click the Courses tab
2. Click the Google toolbar Pop-up button.
3. You may also need to select an option to allow pop-ups from CharityVillage.com.
To change your Google toolbar settings to allow pop-ups:
1. Click the settings button on the Google toolbar
2. Click Options to open the Google Toolbar options window.
3. Click the 'More' tab.
4. Look for the "Popup Blocker" group of options and un-check the "Enable Pop-Up Blocker" checkbox