|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|World Vision Canada||Contract - Part Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||N/A||2019-12-24||2020-02-22|
Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good:
For Children. For Change. For Life.
This is a part-time contract opportunity for 12-months (working daily hours preferred).
The International Safeguarding & Travel Safety Specialist (ISTS) will report to the VP, Programs & Policy (the Safety& Safeguarding Focal Point) and will provide oversight of WVC’s travel safety and security-related activities and child/adult safeguarding activities.
• The ISTS will stay abreast of international contexts and ensure WVC has appropriate policies and procedures in place
• Ensure employees/non-employees have appropriate training
• Ensure staff have care and support (physical and mental health) as it relates to safety and safeguarding in these countries
• They will ensure incidents are reported and investigated appropriately for related situations
• Ensure WVC is in compliance will all travel safety and safeguarding-related legislative standards as well as WVI standards and protocols
• In addition, any other duties as assigned related to contextual awareness and information gathering/reporting.
• Minimum university degree and/or post-graduate degree in related field (safety and/or security, child protection, international development, human resources)
• Minimum 3 years of related work experience (preferably in an NGO)
• Strong understanding of legislative requirements and experience with training and compliance management, change management, and project management
• Demonstrated skills in collaboration, training, communication, critical incident management, and staff care
This posting will remain open until filled.
Please apply here: https://canr57.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/wvc/Posting/View/2881
We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world - and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
Canada's Top 100 GTA's Top 10 Canada's Top Family-Friendly Canada's 10 Most Admired
Our Core Values: We are committed to the Poor. We are Christian. We are Stewards. We value People. We are Partners. We are Responsive.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.