Make-A-Wish® Atlantic Provinces is currently seeking a Development Coordinator
TITLE: Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
LOCATION: Halifax, NS
Reporting to the CEO, the Development Coordinator is responsible for leading several fundraising strategies throughout the three Maritimes Provinces. Working with the CEO and the development manager, the development coordinator raises philanthropic support, assists with the coordination of internal events and serves as the primary contact for donor event organizers.
Working as a team with the CEO and the development manager:
• Develops, implements, monitors and assesses a revenue-generating programs
• Builds and maintains relationships with stakeholders (donors, donor event organizers, sponsors, supporters, volunteers)
• Develops and manages stewardship programs and recognition activities designed to communicate the impact and value to donors of their support
• Identifies, creates and/or coordinates fundraising and community engagement opportunities
• Assists in coordinating annual internal events
• Assists in coordinating annual campaigns
• Primary contact for donor (third-party) event organizers
Kids for Wish Kids/ Students for Wishes Program
• Promotes and coordinates our Kids for Wish Kids/Students for Wishes programs
• Manage the status of contact charts, to ensure they are up to date
• Acts as liaison for Kids for Wish Kids/Students for Wishes events – provides support, occasional attendance at events, accepts cheques and presents plaques
• Previous experience in fund development
• Experience successfully managing multiple projects from conception to completion within tight prescribed timelines.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on proposal development and presentations to internal and external contacts.
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage activities both for self and others effectively.
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office and client/donor relations management software (Salesforce an asset)
• Flexible, resourceful, creative and pro-active work style
• Knowledge of the Make-A-Wish® mission, vision and values
• Team player
• Use of a vehicle
• Bilingualism French/English
• Passion and exceptional customer service
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Demonstrate active involvement, experience and knowledge in social networking. (social media tools)
Interviews will be ongoing, and the position will remain open until a suitable canadidate is found. Please email your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to Tracy Durkee-Jones email@example.com early to avoid disappointment.