About the CFPC
Representing more than 37,000 members across the country, the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) is the professional organization responsible for establishing standards for the training, certification and lifelong education of family physicians and for advocating on behalf of the specialty of family medicine, family physicians and their patients. The CFPC accredits postgraduate family medicine training in Canada’s 17 medical schools.
Our Mission: Leading family medicine to improve the health of all people in Canada—by setting standards for education, certifying and supporting family physicians, championing advocacy and research, and honouring the patient-physician relationship as being core to our profession.
Our Vision: Leading family medicine. Improving lives.
Our Values: Caring; Learning; Collaboration; Responsiveness; Respect; Integrity; and Commitment to Excellence.
We are recruiting for an AFM Administration Assistant Manager
Posting #: 2019-38
Department: AFM Administration and Accreditation
Division: Academic Family Medicine
Reports to: Manager, AFM Administration and Accreditation
Status: Permanent, Full time
This position is accountable for the management of day-to-day divisional operations ensuring successful implementation of service, finance, human resource, and communication processes and procedures in its five departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Function as a resource, ensuring awareness, continuity and functionality for all administrative activities (policies, processes, procedures, best practices) across the division;
- Organize, manage, and monitor major administrative functions across the division related to:
- Professional development, performance review and staff recognition
- Budget planning and financial management
- Strategic planning and board reporting
- Family Medicine Forum
- Retreats, summits and other conferences
- Staff orientation
- Internal meetings (scheduling, agendas, minutes, action and work planning)
- Liaise and partner with service departments to operationalize administrative processes and procedures
- Partner with directors and managers to troubleshoot policy, process or procedural challenges
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the administrative staff team
- Research, synthesize, and interpret pertinent information, data, and literature to inform administrative processes and procedures
- Design, create and maintain data gathering (e.g. surveys, questionnaires, evaluation forms) and organizational mechanisms to support administrative processes and procedures
- Organize and maintain divisional documentation, file and data systems
IT Solutions/Information & Data Management
Organize and operationalize the ongoing development and maintenance of;
- Department of Family Medicine Administrative Database
- Collaborative Workspaces
- Committee Databases
- Membership Database
- Website & Intranet
Communication & Partner Engagement
- Establish effective relationships and manage, organize and implement communications with CFPC staff, college members, and external partners
- Prepare presentation materials, reports and summary documents
- Provide excellence in member and customer service
- Ensure effective and professional communications with all internal/external contacts
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization in order to build trust and confidence in the services provided
- Participate with the onboarding of new team members as required
- Support the team and work with colleagues to ensure department needs are met including absence coverage
- Work in accordance with all CFPC policies, procedures and processes, and federal and provincial legislation
- Work in accordance with all health and safety requirements
- Demonstrate behaviours that align with the CFPC Values
- Demonstrate competencies aligned with the CFPC Competency Framework
- Participate on CFPC staff committees or working groups and other related projects as needed
- A level of education and training and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a management role with a focus on not-for-profit, health care, and/or education sector
- Demonstrated ability to implement, operationalize and organize processes and procedures in a complex and dynamic environment, with proven attention to detail and ability to work under pressure with a high degree of accuracy
- Motivated, influential and outgoing
- Budget planning and financial management experience
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and judgment working with complex, confidential and sensitive issues
- Experience in database management and website content management an asset
- Must be a resourceful and creative individual, critical thinker, with proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and the ability to learn new applications quickly
- Verbal and written communication skills, with ability to express ideas and opinions clearly and effectively in English; French is an asset
- Experience in delivering formal presentations/public speaking in both small and large group settings an asset
- Office environment
- Flexibility to work extra hours and weekends for meetings/teleconferences
- Some overnight travel; approximately 7-10 days per year
Hours of Work:
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
This job description is not all-inclusive and is intended to reflect the essential duties of the position as it currently exists. It is understood that these duties are subject to change, having regard to the needs of the organization.
If you share our passion, and are committed to living our CFPC Values please submit a cover letter and your résumé referencing the posting# 2019-38 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 3, 2020.
The CFPC is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, The CFPC encourages applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.