CESAR IS SEEKING A FULL-TIME EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Continuing Education Students’ Association of Ryerson (CESAR) is currently seeking candidates for a full-time Executive Director position starting immediately. Salary for this position is between $56,500 – $65,000 depending on experience, plus benefits for a one-year contract with possibility for extension.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management and operations of the organization and workplace, which includes supervising 5 full-time unionized staff. The Executive Director is also responsible for advising and supporting 5 part-time elected Executive members.
CESAR is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities, including but not limited to: Black, Indigenous and racialized people, persons with disabilities, queer and trans people.
CESAR is an independently incorporated students’ union working within the Ryerson community. This is NOT a Ryerson University staff position.
- Leadership & Governance: The Executive Director will be responsible for managing and executing short- and long-term planning related to CESAR’s internal operations, campaigns and advocacy work and services. They will advise the Executive team on internal and external matters that may impact the organization and provide recommendations on all areas of the organization.
- Human Resource Planning & Management: The Executive Director will lead and provide advice and direction on all human resource matters, including supervising a unionized staff team and approving all payroll. Working with the Executives, the Executive Director will be responsible for developing and implementing HR policies and procedures in accordance with the workplace Collective Agreement, the Employment Standard Act, the Ontario Accessibility Act and shall work to foster a positive work environment.
- Financial Planning & Management: The Executive Director will ensure proper financial controls, processes and reporting. The Executive Director will be responsible for all day-to-day financial operations including but not limited to payables, receivables, reconciling accounts and overall financial planning.
- Campaigns, Advocacy and Services: The Executive Director will work with the Executives, the Board of Directors and staff to help manage, develop and ensure the implementation of CESAR’s campaigns, advocacy work and services provision.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work within deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task and accomplish many goals simultaneously, while under pressure
- Experience working on member-driven campaigns within a students’ union and familiarity with the Canadian students’ movement
- Experience planning and executing a diversity of events, campaigns and outreach initiatives
- Experience working with and supervising Unionized staff
- Strong supervision skills
- Experience negotiating Collective Agreements
- Knowledge of sponsorship recruitment and contract negotiations
- Knowledge of anti-oppression issues
- Experience working in an office environment – knowledgeable on the systems and resources necessary to allow for the efficient operation of the office
- Experience working with Sage 50 Accounting software is considered an asset
- Experience working with Ceridian PowerPay is considered an asset
- Familiarity with CESAR and its operations, and knowledge of current on-campus issues is an asset
- Superior oral and written communication including experience in a member driven or front-line capacity, preferably in a student environment
- The ability to be self motivated and work independently
- An understanding of the dynamics and diversity of an urban university
- Candidates must be able to work full-time 40 hours a week, 10:30am-6:30pm Monday to Thursday and 10am-6pm Fridays
- Post-secondary education, or equivalent work experience in organizing required
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter through Charity Village no later than Tuesday, May 28st at 6:00 pm.
Qualified candidates may be contacted for an interview before May 28, 2019.
NO PHONE CALLS.
ONLY SELECTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW ON THURSDAY, MAY 30, 2019.