Reports to: Artistic & Executive Director
Duration: Permanent, Part-time, 20 hours / week
Scope: Year-round operations
Start date: Late January / early February 2020
Salary: $25,000 per annum
Zee Zee Theatre believes in individual stories that provoke & inspire us and that foster common understanding & empathy across our diverse human experiences. Now in our 12thseason, we are devoted to telling diverse stories and amplifying the voices of those on the margins.
Reporting to the Managing Artistic Director, the Development & Operations Manager holds a key leadership role in the organization and works collaboratively with the Managing Artistic Director, the Associate Producer & the Board of Directors to develop & execute the annual operating plan & fundraising plan.
The Development & Operations Manager supports the Managing Artistic Director to execute the annual operating plan, as well as with financial management & reporting, development of the annual contributed fundraising plan, maintaining & developing existing & new systems and providing management support for all human resource activities. The Development & Operations Manager acts as a resource to the Managing Artistic Director, the Associate Producer and the Board of Directors.
In collaboration with the Managing Artistic Director & Associate Producer:
- Participates in the development of the annual fundraising plan and maintains & updates the annual fundraising calendar
- Assists in the development of the annual budget and marketing & communication strategy
- Works closely with the Board fundraising committee
- Is responsible for philanthropic proposal writing to foundations and corporate donations programs
- Provides assistance to the Board of Directors for special events and annual campaigns
- Ensures ongoing donor management and membership correspondence
- Handles day-to-day financial management and systems
- Ensures timely external reporting to funding agencies and other fiduciary requirements such as CRA, WCB, annual financial statements
- Provides ongoing budget management and internal reporting
- Supports the Managing Artistic Director in the preparation of Board reports
- Maintains the database
- Acts as liaison with the office facility
- Handles day-to-day correspondence, office equipment, etc.
- Oversees Grant Writer and other organizational development consultants
- Issues all contracts, including those for the marketing and creative personnel (i.e. Canadian Actors’ Equity Association)
- Develops and maintains human resource processes, documentation & systems
- Ensures critical deadlines are met
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate is someone who is passionate about the arts and wants to help build the company. To be successful in this role, you must be good with people, professional but easygoing, a problem solver and be willing & able to publicly represent Zee Zee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts Administration, Business Administration or similar fields, or commensurate experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ fund development or administrative experience
- Experience in the arts / not-for-profit sector an asset
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license for the Province of British Columbia would be considered an asset
REQUIRED PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES:
- Respects diversity and promotes inclusion in the workplace
- Proven track record of accomplishments in fundraising - i.e. individual, corporate & planned giving, major gifts, foundation campaigns and experience in grant writing
- High energy, positive attitude, flexibility and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong ability to think and plan strategically
- Strong understanding of CRA regulations and donor program implications
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Google Drive
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, execute with a sense of urgency and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, follow instruction and adapt to change
Zee Zee Theatre is an equity-seeking, equal opportunity employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply and encourage applications by QTIPOC candidates, women, Two-Spirit and gender-diverse individuals.
Interviews for this position will be ongoing, with the intention of the successful candidate beginning work early in the new year.
We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Zee Zee Theatre is an equal opportunity employer, and hiring decisions are based solely on the merits of the candidates & needs of the society.