The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) is one of Canada’s oldest national specialty organizations. Established in 1944, the Society’s mission is to promote excellence in the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology and to advance the health of women through leadership, advocacy, collaboration, and education.
The SOGC has over 4,300 members, comprised of obstetricians, gynaecologists, family physicians, nurses, midwives, and allied health professionals working in the field of sexual reproductive health.
The SOGC is a member-based organization whose strength and vibrancy depends on the degree of engagement of its members. Our capacity to be responsive to member interests and needs is key to our continued relevance and effectiveness. This position is designed to provide a focal point for the leadership team in our efforts around engagement and outreach to new and existing members.
Reporting to the Director of Communications the Membership Communications Specialist is the main contact point for members. The Specialist ensures that the SOGC, across its different programs and plans, continues to provide meaningful opportunities for members by remaining responsive and attentive to changing needs and priorities.
- Represent and promote the SOGC to prospective members
- Respond to inquiries about SOGC membership and do necessary follow-up
- Implement strategies to engage less active members
- Collaborate within department team on all member communications
- Assist membership related activities during events
- Work directly with member champions on communications efforts
- Liaise with outside design firms to create and maintain membership resources and materials
- Serve as primary contact point for the SOGC members and manage relationships with, and general communications to, members
- Follow-up with members on a regular basis to stay up-to-date on new developments, new and evolving needs, etc.
- Track and assess member participation in different SOGC events
- Design, collect and assess data through periodic member surveys
- Implement strategies to retain and increase the membership
- Coordinate the annual renewals and new membership packages
- Ensure smooth system of membership renewal is in place
- Coordinate and manage all requests pertaining to the membership renewal
- Perform other duties as needed by Director
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KEY SKILLS
- College Diploma or University Degree
- Fluently Bilingual (English/French) is ESSENTIAL.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Experience with iMIS member management or any other similar software.
- Proven track record working under pressure and handling multiple priorities
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Superior writing and editing skills
- The ability to make decisions and resolve problems independently
- Attention to detail, high standards, and an eye for accuracy
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality of member and organization information
- Familiarity with non-profit and membership best practices, tools, and techniques
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational, management, and coordination skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office user (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) with advanced Excel skills
- Ability to travel, when required, for the purpose of representing the organization, including, but not limited to, tradeshows, conventions, or conferences
- Previous experience in a professional medical association an asset
Should you be interested, please submit your cover letter and resume.