As Canada’s only national charitable organization supporting Pulmonary Fibrosis (PF) patient care, research, education and advocacy, Canadian Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation (CPFF) has a well-earned reputation for excellence in the community, across Canada and internationally.
CPFF raises and stewards funds to support patient care, world-leading research, education and advocacy to develop collaborative, long-term relationships across the community. The generous support of donors fuels new initiatives, care and innovation, that improves the quality of life for PF patients, and advancing medical sciences globally.
The Foundation has recently embarked on an exciting and challenging journey to implement its three-year strategic plan. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced professional to become part of our team and contribute to the success of our plans.
The Foundation is seeking a self-motivated and proactive individual with exceptional interpersonal and fundraising skills to fill a full-time role of Fundraiser. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fundraiser is an experienced and collaborative, with demonstrated fundraising successes (individual, major, and events).
- Cultivate individual, monthly and annual giving
- Develop database of Corporations and Individuals and seek grants from them
- Develop giving through Bequests
- Manage and support CPFF events (i.e.: Scotiabank Challenge, Clarke Family Walk for Pulmonary Fibrosis, Pulmonary Fibrosis month (blowing of bubbles, lighting of buildings across Canada, etc.)
- Ensure that CPFF database (GIVE) is up-to-date in details on relationships with donors, funders and funding opportunities
- Respond promptly to all fundraising enquiries, requests and gifts
- Write, edit, and manage the creation of compelling collateral for donor cultivation and stewardship, ensuring that donors receive professional and timely information regarding the impact of their philanthropy
- Contribute story ideas and writing copy for publications, including newsletters, Facebook, and impact reports to donors
- Ensure that CPFF website is up to date on all upcoming events and other relevant information
- Maintenance of fundraising files (hard copy & electronic)
- Responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Proven fundraising success in a small market
- 3 – 5 years of experience in stewardship or similar position involving donor relations, strategic communications and/or fundraising
- Proficiency in MS Office products, particularly Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize competing demands to effectively meet deadlines
- Experience in research an asset
- Proven organizational skills, with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work-effectively both as a team member and independently
- Knowledge of CRA Guidelines and ensuring they are being followed for all charitable donations to CPFF and fundraising events
- Access to a vehicle and possession of a driver’s license valid for the province of Ontario