|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Nature Canada||Contract - Full Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||5500055000CAD$55,000||2019-05-14||2019-05-31|
Nature Network Organizer
1-year contract with good prospect of renewal, full time
Founded in 1939, Nature Canada’s mission is to protect and conserve nature in Canada by engaging people and advocating on behalf of nature. Our focus is to facilitate voices for nature on national issues including wilderness protection, threatened species and connecting people to nature.
The Nature Network Organizer works with hundreds of local nature groups across the country to help them engage their local constituencies, as well as to connect them with provincial and national conservation issues such as protected areas campaigns. This is an exciting position that involves travel and building relationships with people. For this work, Nature Canada is using an approach called Engagement Organizing. Based out of the Ottawa office, this Organizer position participates on the Nature Network Organizing team and reports directly to the Organizing Director.
Job Description and Duties
• Develop and manage relationships with nature organizations across Canada, including in-person, telephone, and online outreach following Nature Canada’s Engagement Organizing Principles;
• Track relationships systematically in Nature Canada database;
• Coach local organizations on their public engagement strategies to help them build their constituencies and their organizations;
• Work with local organizations where appropriate to bring Nature Canada assistance to their local conservation campaigns;
• Involve local organizations with provincial and national conservation campaigns and events particularly linked to protected areas work and local stewardship;
Summary of Qualification and Experience
The successful candidate will have some combination of the following:
• Outgoing personality, at ease meeting new people
• Post-secondary education and minimum 3 years of applicable work experience
• Experience or interest in engagement organizing for political impact
• Strong time management skills, ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time
• Experience using a CRM, tracking and maintaining database information
• Fluency in French a strong asset
• Experience providing training or coaching to groups or individuals
• Commitment to the mission, values and work of Nature Canada
The salary for this position is $55 000, depending on experience, with a benefits package that kicks in after a 3-month probation period.
To apply for this position, please send CV and a one-page cover letter describing your motivations for applying for this job to engage @ naturecanada.ca with “Nature Network Organizer” in the subject line.
Deadline: May 31, 2019.
No calls please. We thank all candidates for their interest, but we will only contact those selected for an interview.