Donor & Partner Relations Specialist
Company: Aptus Treatment Centre
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Full Time, permanent
Start date: March, 2019
Since 1979, Aptus has been providing people who have developmental disabilities with meaningful opportunities in the community to explore what matters to them. Services include school programs, adult day programs, supportive homes and Aptus Teaching Landscape for the greater Toronto community.
You will report to the Manager, Development & PR and will act as the lead for Aptus’ donor/partner relations as well as events, working closely with a 3rd-party event management company. You will support Aptus’ mission by playing a pivotal role in building donor and partner satisfaction and supporting the raising of funds needed to support program enhancement, special projects and new initiatives. As the Donor & Partner Relations Specialist, you will act as an ambassador for Aptus Treatment Centre, reflecting the values of Aptus in your daily role as well as at special events. Key areas of focus will be: managing donor and partner relations, event communications, social media, web publishing, data entry, and creation of tax receipts.
The Donor & Partner Relations Specialist will have the opportunity to:
- Provide professional assistance and interaction with donors (via phone, web, and face-to-face).
- Seek, support and/or build relationships with partners interested in building Aptus’ staff capacity and/or supports to people who have developmental disabilities (e.g., a local high school club seeks to offer a social media skill development session for youth and adults supported by Aptus).
- Prepare gift acknowledgement letters including thank you letters, “In honour of” cards, etc.
- Maintain Aptus’ donation pages on Canadahelps.org
- Record all financial gifts in an xls-based gift tracker and tax receipt record. Create monthly, year-end and auditor-requested reports using the gift tracker xls.
- Update donor info on Aptus’ iMIS donor database.
- Store records of all donations.
- Identify and implement process improvements, as needed, to ensure the integrity of Aptus’ donor records, including troubleshooting issues.
- Work with the Finance team to ensure coordination and compliance of fundraising and donations.
- Support the Manager of Development & P.R. in creating and emailing/mailing non-event donor communications.
- Create event communications and contact lists based on past years’ events.
- Contact Aptus’ design contractor to create the layout for event communications. Proof and update until final, with support from the Manager of Development & P.R.
- Invite supporters to sponsor and/or attend based on the event’s contact list. Track contacts made and follow-up when needed in a courteous manner.
- Act as Aptus’ lead contact for the third-party event management company. Assist with any logistics questions they have (e.g., number of confirmed attendees).
- Invite Aptus staff to volunteer for events and provide training if needed (e.g., how to use the Point of Sale machine for debit and credit cards).
- Solicit in-kind donations (e.g., raffle prizes) and/or vendor participation (e.g., food trucks), when needed.
- Attend events, acting as an ambassador for Aptus Treatment Centre and be the lead contact for the third-party event management firm and Aptus volunteers.
- Work with the Finance team to tally any financials after events.
- Update Aptus’ website and intranet, as needed
- Maintain Aptus’ social media sites
- Update contacts for Constant Contact, a newsletter tool
The Ideal Candidate
- University degree or college diploma
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated experience with social media campaigns
- Related experience in coordinating fundraising initiatives
- Solid communication skills (written and interpersonal)
- Proven experience working with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in data entry and tax receipting with strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Driver’s license (preferred)
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend hours when needed, e.g., regarding an event
How to Apply
Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter by March 31, 2019.
Aptus Treatment Centre is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We will only be contacting those selected for further discussion.