|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Alzheimer Society of Toronto||Full Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||N/A||2019-03-04||2019-03-31|
The Alzheimer Society’s vision is a world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Our mission is to alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and to promote research.
Collaboration Accountability Respect Excellence
The Alzheimer Society is an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We are also committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and AODA and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Social Workers (2)
Reports to: Social Work Practice Leader
The role of the Alzheimer Society of Toronto is to offer support, information and education to people with dementia, their families and their caregivers, to increase public awareness of dementia, to promote research, and to advocate for services that respect the dignity of the individual. We currently have an exciting opportunity for two social workers to join our counseling team! Social Workers are responsible for offering therapeutic support, information, education and referral sources to persons with dementia and their family caregivers. Social Workers also offer case consultation to professionals in the community. Regular working hours for this role is 35 hours per week. We are looking to hire two social workers, one to be based in the West End of Toronto and the other to be based in the East End of Toronto.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Utilizing social work processes to assist individuals-persons with dementia, caregivers, professionals, - in considering issues relevant to their situation and developing problem-solving plans
• Working within a team to develop, implement, evaluate and improve training sessions, support groups, speaking engagements and the counseling process
• Keeping up to date with new developments in dementia research and care, as well as relevant services in the community
• Actively participating in the fulfillment of the Society’s mandate, including maintaining records, statistics and assisting with program development
• Acting as a staff liaison to volunteer committees, as assigned
• Liaising with the community to increase awareness of the Society’s mandate and services
• University degree in Social Work
• Minimum of three years’ experience in full time employment in counseling or a related field (work experience with persons living with dementia and their families required or recommended)
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
• Must be registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers
• In-depth knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and work with the team to accomplish goals
• Excellent computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Commitment to continuing professional development
• Evening, weekend and off site work required
• Fluency in French, Cantonese, Mandarin, Italian, Portuguese, Farsi , Arabic or Spanish is an asset
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Access to a vehicle is an asset
Closing Date: March 31, 2019
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.