ADR Institute of Canada (ADRIC) is a highly respected, bilingual not-for-profit association providing services and benefits to over 2,000 Alternative Dispute Resolution professionals (mediators, arbitrators, etc.), our regional affiliates, corporate members and the public. We offer an excellent opportunity to join and grow with an interesting organization!
We have a small, very busy office of six staff. We are seeking an outgoing, polished and courteous Receptionist/Member Services Coordinator to join our team. Please note: Although this is currently a junior position, it can grow and provide an opportunity for increases for the right candidate. We are seeking someone who will join us at a junior level, take on increasing responsibilities and grow with the organization.
- Respond to telephone and email enquiries efficiently, using formal business communication style
- Assist members with online renewals and accessing their Member Portal
- Explain our professional designations and other products and services
- Process continuing education reports, applications for membership and professional designations
- Admin assistance for delivery of courses, liaising with service providers, instructors and students
- Admin assistance for professional development events and meetings (communications, online registrations, materials prep, etc)
- Prepare & send email blasts, update websites
- Prepare & send member, course and designations certificates
- Order fulfillment
- Greet visitors and provide refreshments, ensure environment and desk remains tidy
- Create, update and format forms, documents, information packages; research and organize information into spreadsheets, etc
- Committee support, meeting polls and calendar invitations
- Coordinate member rosters, lists and communications; learn about and respond to logistical enquiries from parties seeking an arbitrator(s)
- Maintain online member resources area including uploading documents
- Membership and information management in CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system
- Coordinate membership renewal processes and assist in follow up and reminders
- Other programs/projects, administrative and clerical duties as required
- Assist the Manager and Executive Director as required
- Intra-team support as required
- Minimum 3 years relevant administrative/office experience
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Touch-typing speed of minimum 45wpm
- Must work with a sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done right within deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good customer service attitude
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent proofreading abilities and high degree of accuracy
- Professionalism, courtesy and patience
- Mature and responsible – not needing supervision to conform to office policies and to complete tasks
- Initiative and personal commitment to complete tasks to best ability and meet deadlines (by working additional hours as may be necessary - not a clock watcher)
- Sound analytical thinking, judgment, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- A sense of calm and confidence no matter how pressured a situation
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
- Note: Ability to understand as well as speak and write in a clear, concise and professional/business manner in both English and French is a strong asset
MORE ABOUT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate has a first-rate customer service attitude, is self-motivated and responsible, likes to be busy and to multitask, checks work to ensure accuracy, is unafraid to ask for assistance when necessary, learns quickly and has some interest in or is willing to learn about ADR. Must have exceptional communication skills, advanced computer knowledge, highly organized and detail oriented, able to maintain confidential information and work without direct supervision. This is a great opportunity to learn about association management, take on increasing responsibilities, and grow with the organization.
$30,000 - 32,000 annually
ADRIC offers a number of benefits including a pleasant office environment, fairly flexible hours, extended health/dental/vision/hearing care, critical illness, Best Doctors, AD&D, LTD and life insurance and a bonus programme.
Reports to: Executive Director
Start date: Immediate
Location: Yonge & Eglinton, Toronto
Please note: the office is a fragrance-free environment
HOW TO APPLY
Important - please submit the following:
- Your resume;
- A PERSONALISED cover letter IN ENGLISH in Word doc format outlining how your experience and skills match this position;
- And if you have French language skills, a brief paragraph (up to 100 words IN FRENCH) also indicating why you are interested in the position.
Send your application package to email@example.com soonest and no later than May 26, 2019. Please include your name in the subject line with Junior Receptionist/Member Services Coordinator.
No phone calls, please and thank you.
NO AGENCIES - NO EXCEPTIONS.
We thank everyone who applies; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at ADRIC.ca