Project Manager, Knowledge Translation & Programs
Parachute is seeking a Project Manager to join our injury prevention Programs team on a 12-18 month contract basis. This individual will be responsible for planning, managing, executing and delivering assigned injury prevention project(s), in particular our Elementary Road Safety project. They will define project requirements and scope, determine required project resources and coordinate the efforts of project team members. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, project management, planning, organization, managing logistics, budget management, reporting, knowledge translation and evaluation. Efficient delivery of project requirements, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations and a collaborative approach to stakeholders / team members and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout the project’s lifecycle. They will act as the first point of contact to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Parachute is Canada’s national charity dedicated to injury prevention. Our mission is to create a safer Canada by preventing serious and fatal injuries through evidence-based solutions that advocate and educate. Our vision is A Canada free of serious injuries, with Canadians living long lives to the fullest. For more information, visit www.parachute.ca
- The completion of all project deliverables ensuring project milestones are met within approved budget and time parameters.
- Manage and coordinate the delivery of all project components including developing work plans, monitoring deliverables, creating reports, scheduling, organization, budget overview, coordinating logistics, research, evaluation plans and knowledge transfer, all while adhering to established methodologies for project management.
- Maintain or update as needed a comprehensive, user-friendly Elementary Road Safety Project Guide for use by community steering committees.
- Work with community and school level steering committees to develop Elementary Road Safety strategic plans through a participatory planning model.
- Maintain or update as needed a toolbox of promotional materials for each grant community/school to support activities.
- Facilitate regular project team meetings with both internal staff and external funding partners, consultants and stakeholders.
- Prepare progress reports for senior management and funder(s) in accordance with project reporting timelines. Provide regular status updates, including presentations as required
- Timely identification and communication of issues that pose a risk to project deliverables, budgets or timelines.
- Address and resolve project issues and risks in a timely, solutions-focused, effective manner. Consult with the Director, Programs and other management as needed.
- Address client and community inquiries made via email and telephone.
- Maintain relationships with major stakeholders, government agencies, ministries and funders, by acting as main point of contact.
- Represent Parachute with communities and stakeholders at a national and local level.
- Prepare topic specific content and other activities as required.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- University degree in public health, social sciences or related field, preferably a Masters degree
- Three-to-five years of related experience
- Strong community development and facilitation experience
- Experience presenting complex subjects to a range of stakeholders
- Experience and/or familiarity with municipal government processes, Safe School Zones and Active Transportation models an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Exemplary project management skills; highly detail oriented
- Demonstrates tact, sensitivity and diplomacy in dealing with various stakeholders; able to effectively build relationships
- Self-motivated and works well both independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to manage and lead project teams, including internal staff and external partners
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and flexibility
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple projects, simultaneously, with varying degrees of complexity
- Experience and/or training in injury prevention
- Fluency in French, written and spoken, an asset
Posting Date: October 10, 2019
Closing Date: October 27, 2019
How to apply: Apply directly online with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.