Join the world’s largest wish granting organization and help us strive to bring every eligible Canadian child’s wish to life. Make-A-Wish® Canada is going through an exciting evolution that you can be a part of – grow with us! We are seeking enthusiastic fundraising professionals to join our team in the areas of individual giving, events and corporate alliances.
Along with the National Office, eight regional chapters grant transformational wishes for children in need from coast-to-coast. Make-A-Wish Canada is an affiliate of Make-A-Wish® International, the largest wish-granting organization in the world, granting wishes for more than 480,000 children since 1980.
If you are a dynamic team member who is results-driven, customer-focused, multifaceted and - most of all - fun, Make-A-Wish® is the place for you!
The Coordinator, National Events will support national and regional (Greater Toronto & Central Ontario area) special event initiatives and programs that help generate revenue for our wish-granting mission. This includes signature events (i.e., Make-A-Wish® Rope For Hope) and third-party events. The select candidate will have fundraising experience as well as a demonstrated track record of event management, internal/external communications, and an ability to manage external relationships.
The primary responsibility is to engage and work in collaboration with various individuals, businesses, community groups and schools (including post-secondary clubs) to increase event program revenue in the Toronto & Central Ontario ("TCO") market. This role will also provide some support to national event activities across Canada.
1. Revenue Development
- Implement, execute and increase revenue for internal events (including signature event: Rope for Hope), executed in the TCO market;
- Identify, secure and implement new community-based events;
- Develop and roll out fundraising tools (i.e., online giving pages, pledge forms, e-communications, etc.) to improve event effectiveness and increase public involvement;
- Liaise and support participants in the Celebration program (weddings, birthdays, etc.);
- Help to grow student programs within the community (Kids for Wish Kids and Student for Wishes).
2. Relationship Management
- Work with Volunteer/Event Committees to develop and identify new opportunities;
- Act as a key liaison by supporting external events with suppliers, volunteers and speakers;
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to continuously promote and advertise these third-party events;
- Coordinate the stewardship and recognition of event donors/hosts to increase their level of engagement and support;
- Take a lead as an ambassador at local events, school assemblies, company functions; etc., to share the mission, accept donations on behalf of the Foundation and liaise with wish families in attendance as speakers.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Administer Third Party/Special Event activities including: setting event goals and budgets; securing signed agreements, developing and following critical paths; executing event logistics; creating and maintaining event manuals; communications; reviewing and approving event materials and developing post-event reports;
- Ensure event data is uploaded timely and accurately within the database;
- Coordinate the review and approval process for event program materials, such as press releases, e-communications, etc.;
- Assist in the development of sales packages and materials for sponsorship presentations;
- Coordinate special initiatives (i.e., Committee meetings, recognition events, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self-motivated through focused attention on achieving superior client service;
- Ability to multi-task through strong organizational and time management skills;
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong networking and relationship management skills;
- Follows procedures, policies and protocols and strives to increase efficiency.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent and 2+ years successful event experience;
- Working knowledge of fundraising;
- Proficient PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience with Peer-to-Peer fundraising platforms (e.g., DonorDrive);
- Proven data management and analysis skills;
- Exceptional relationship building management skills;
- Flexible and dynamic;
- A valid driving license is an asset.