|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Kwantlen Student Association||Part Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||20.8120.81CAD$20.81(Hourly)||2019-07-11||2019-07-23|
Position Title: Peer Support Program Coordinator
Reports To: Student Services Manager
Status: Permanent, Part-Time
Union Component: BCGEU 704
Salary Range: $20.81 per hour
Hours: 20 - 25 per week
Classification: Coordinator 1
Location: Surrey / Richmond campuses, varies
This position is responsible for cocoordinating the KSA / KPU Peer Support Program, which supports & assists students who are in need of non-crisis counselling & peer support at Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU). This position reports directly to the KSA Student Services Manager and liaises with KPU Counselling staff on a day-to-day basis. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, program development & management, volunteering training & management and individual & group peer support. The Peer Support Program Coordinator must, at all times during the course of their duties, uphold the KSA Constitution, Bylaws, Regulations, Personnel Procedures, Collective Agreement and Strategic Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Train and manage student peer support volunteers.
• Collaborate with KPU Counselling Department on one-on-one student support services.
• Provide individual and group peer support to KPU students.
• Develop and implement peer-led wellness workshops.
• Participate in semesterly KSA outreach and promotional events.
• Work with KPU and KSA departments in campus health & well-being programming.
• Market and promote all Peer Support program events & activities.
• Research and present new program, mental health & well-being opportunities.
• Maintain confidential student information, program use statistics and internal records.
• Liaise with external program partners as required.
• Create regular reports on program performance.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Must be a currently enrolled or recently graduated KPU student.
• Knowledgeable and / or familiar with student life and university structures at KPU.
• Counselling, conflict resolution and / or crisis support experience strongly encouraged.
• Direct experience in the mental health field and / or lived experience an asset.
• Personable, professional, empathetic and well-organized.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; public speaking and presentation skills an asset.
• Have a desire to learn and a passion to make a difference in the world.
KSA hires on the basis of merit, is committed to employment equity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.