Join the world’s largest wish granting organization and help us strive to bring every eligible Canadian child’s wish to life. Make-A-Wish® Canada is going through an exciting evolution that you can be a part of – grow with us! We are seeking enthusiastic fundraising professionals to join our team in the areas of individual giving, events and corporate alliances.
Along with the National Office, eight regional chapters grant transformational wishes for children in need from coast-to-coast. Make-A-Wish Canada is an affiliate of Make-A-Wish® International, the largest wish-granting organization in the world, granting wishes for more than 480,000 children since 1980.
If you are a dynamic team member who is results-driven, customer-focused, multifaceted and - most of all - fun, Make-A-Wish® is the place for you!
To help us on our important quest to bring every eligible child's wish to life, we are seeking an energetic Coordinator, National Corporate Alliances. This position will be a vital member of the National Corporate Alliances ("NCA") team where the incumbent will support the department through coordinating our fundraising and marketing efforts. Your keen administrative and organization skills will help ensure that the department will raise vital funds so the organization can continue to grant life-changing wishes because we know that a wish-come-true empowers a sick child, giving them the hope that anything is possible, especially the future.
The primary role of the Coordinator, National Corporate Alliances, is to organize and oversee the day-to-day activities of the NCA team. This includes stewardship/recognition activities, coordination and administration of the corporate database/files, research and prospect briefs, executing corporate alliance deliverables, various reporting and general administrative functions of the department.
- Coordinate and execute stewardship activities such as gift processing and acknowledgment, recognition pieces, mailings, alliance activations and fulfillment (i.e. on/offline recognition) etc.;
- Maintain consistent and accurate reporting related to alliance needs;
- Coordinate Make-A-Wish Volunteers/Ambassadors for alliance activities;
- Assist with special projects as needed, including End-of-Year Mailings, Donor Recognition Lists, and more.
2. Data Management
- Track all corporate donor activities and campaign deliverables through Salesforce database;
- Ensure that corporate data records are current;
- Regularly prepare reports and develop a strong proficiency in our donor database and become the “go-to” individual;
- Oversee the administration of all corporate Peer-to-Peer fund raising pages (i.e., DonorDrive).
- Provides prospect research profiles for corporate partners and conducts research on prospective donors and partners through appropriate vehicles;
- Prepares meeting/strategy briefs;
- Creates and monitors systems to ensure the integrity of research information is entered and tracked in the database;
- Manage and fulfill research requests as needed by departmental team members;
- Provides support on all corporate Foundation research and grant applications.
4. Administrative Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the NCA team including activities such as meeting set-up/preparation/follow-up, mailings, updating/maintaining corporate sales and marketing materials etc.
- Maintains accurate records on prospects and donors to assist corporate team in developing appropriate cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies; presents information at meetings and in strategy discussions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional organizational (i.e. multi-tasking) and time management skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Adaptable and resourceful to deliver results on time and exceed goals;
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong analytic abilities to support planning, execution, evaluation and delivery of departmental goals;
- Proactively identify challenges and find solutions;
- Follow procedures, policies and protocols and strives to increase efficiency;
- Eager to learn, grow and develop with the opportunity to make significant contributions to our organization’s mission and our department’s goals.
- University education and 3+ years successful administration experience with a focus on sales and marketing – preferably in the corporate sector;
- Working knowledge of fundraising and charitable giving;
- Proficient PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Proven data management and analysis skills (Salesforce);
- Exceptional relationship building and collaborative;
- Exceptional research and writing skills;
- Flexible and dynamic.
- A valid driving license is an asset.