|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|LEADS Canada, Canadian College of Health Leaders||Full Time||Manager (Supervisor of Staff)||N/A||2019-01-11||2019-01-25|
LEADS Liaison and Program Executive, Canadian College of Health Leaders
Position: 5 days a week (FTE position)
Reports to: Director, Professional and Leadership Development
Start Date: TBD
Summary of Position
Operating within the Canadian College of Health Leaders, LEADS Canada’s business model is flexible, client-centred,
sole-source, and non-profit. LEADS Canada’s role is unique in Canada; its core purpose is to create
a national team of expert consultants, executive coaches and strategic partners to support the growing
client interest in and demand for the LEADS in a Caring Environment leadership capabilities framework
(LEADS) and related services. The Canadian College of Health Leaders provides LEADS-related leadership
development services and tools to organizations and individuals to develop leadership capacity and
improve leadership performance.
Reporting to the Director, Professional and Leadership Development, and working collaboratively with a
diverse service team (both internal to CCHL and LEADS Consultants), the LEADS Liaison and Program
- Maintain and build relationships with current client organizations;
- Connect and build relationships with potential client organizations;
- Respond to requests for information in a personal and engaging manner;
- Build on LEADS Canada’s existing reputation of trust and excellent client service;
- Co-design high impact LEADS-based leadership development programs in partnership with client
organizations that build capacity for both the individual participants and the organization;
- Maintain and lead the development of a cadre of evidence-based, innovative leadership development
services to serve new and existing clients;
- Offer a suite of open-enrollment services for individuals; and
- Create partnership opportunities to expand the service offerings to meet the demands of client
Build and manage a pipeline of existing and potential new LEADS clients, prepare proposals and secure
new client organizations and opportunities in accordance with the LEADS annual revenue plan.
• Represent the Canadian College of Health Leaders and LEADS Canada to engage health care
organizations, authorities and others that are interested in adopting LEADS.
• Collaborate with client organizations to co-create a customized leadership development program
that promotes internal sustainability and integration of LEADS within the context of the client
• Deliver preliminary LEADS information sessions to orient the audience to LEADS.
• Lead the creation of innovative new evidence-based multi-platform LEADS services that anticipate
the needs of client organizations as they move along the continuum of adopting LEADS and that
reflect emerging trends in leadership development service delivery.
• Co-create and oversee the LEADS-based learning requirements that lead to CHE certification
(*launching June, 2019).
• Manage the dissemination of LEADS Canada service and program information to maintain and
grow client engagement.
• Lead the planning for the annual LEADS Exchange day.
• Implement service evaluation processes to inform improved and new services.
• Collaborate with LEADS Canada team members to achieve identified targets.
• Participate in the LEADS Collaborative Steering Group business development working group
• Collaborate with LEADS Canada team members on the development of annual operating budgets.
• Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for LEADS Canada.
• Provide coverage for LEADS Canada team absences in program delivery.
• Represent LEADS Canada in French and English at networking events and conferences.
• Lead and coordinate projects as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Organizational Development or related field.
• Five to ten years management experience.
• Demonstrated experience working within a Board governed environment.
• Demonstrated ability as a role model and collaborative team member as evidence by the ability to
build effective relationships with diverse stakeholder groups.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with and promote change.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Canadian health care system.
Skills and Attributes
• Excellent client relationship building skills.
• Excellent knowledge and skill in leadership development program (design and delivery).
• Advanced knowledge of LEADS is an asset.
• Expertise in public speaking, facilitation and adult learning.
• Excellent project management skills and experience.
• Ability to work within a budget.
• Fully bilingual in French and English.
• Results driven, action oriented and able to take initiative.
• Experience in working collaboratively within a team.
• Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Excellent public speaking skills, diplomacy a strong asset.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize a heavy workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work with consultants, partner organizations, committees and health leaders.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and team skills.
• Flexible to travel when required.
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, database and project