|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Villa Charities Inc.||Contract - Full Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||N/A||2019-11-27||2020-01-17|
Contract Position – 12 Months (Full-time)
At our core, Villa Charities Foundation works to provide the care and facilities necessary to give our elderly residents safe and proper living accommodations, as well as strengthen our community as a whole through art, athletics, sport, and culture. Our focus is on giving back to our community to create an environment of inclusivity and prosperity that is unlike any other in the country.
As a charity, we depend on the generosity of our community members to assist us so that we can provide the many programs that help people of all ages and backgrounds in our community. Benefactors play a major role in ensuring our financial stability, and throughout the year host fundraising events that are essential to maintaining the longevity of Villa Charities.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Manager, Event Sponsorship & Fundraising is responsible for the development and implementation of Villa Charities Foundation’s sponsorship strategy to secure revenue for the organization. The successful candidate will develop the sponsorship strategy, set priorities, goals and budgets; research and identify potential sponsors; cultivate potential sponsors; and, communicate with current and prospective sponsors. You will write proposals to obtain sponsorships and prepare/pitch presentations to potential sponsors and key stakeholders.
• Create sponsorship goals and oversee the solicitation of funds to meet these goals
• Secure corporate sponsorship for signature events, special events, and community events
• Identify new donors and organize initiatives to secure sponsorship
• Engage in continuous research to identify new and potential sponsors
• Develop and maintain sponsor prospect list for all events, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information
• Ensure all sponsors receive appropriate recognition for their sponsorship
• Develop and build upon existing relationships with groups, companies, and individuals who are existing sponsors or lapsed sponsors
• Develop sponsorship strategies and draft proposals and presentations for new/prospective sponsors
• Implement corporate sponsorship activations at events
• Prepare thank-you letters and co-ordinate tax receipts with the Events team and accounting department
• Maintain timely, consistent and accurate coding of sponsor records
• Coordinate and attend all fundraising events (includes occasional evenings and weekends)
• Communicate with Director of Development regularly regarding work status, challenges, successes and work in progress
• Provide support, as needed, to the Director of Development
• Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
• Act as an Ambassador throughout the community, positively representing Villa Charities
• Perform other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Foundation
• Operate within the culture and core values of the organization
Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years' experience in a sponsorship or sales role
• Ability and willingness to bring personal or existing sponsor contacts to the role
• Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Ability to write engaging sponsorship proposals
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and to facilitate and mobilize support
• Superior time management skills. Ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
• High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion
• Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude
• Resourcefulness and flexibility
• Strong customer service orientation
• A passion for Italian culture and affinity to the Italian Canadian community
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in business and/or sales, considered to be an asset
• Post graduate studies in fundraising and volunteer management, considered to be an asset
• Not-for-profit organizational experience considered to be an asset
• Proficiency and experience with Raiser’s Edge, considered to be an asset
If you are interested in an opportunity to make a difference and a lasting impact, work with an agile, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team; please forward your resume and covering letter to: Cristina Costa, Director of Development at Villa Charities Inc., 901 Lawrence Avenue West, Toronto, Ontario, M6A 1C3 or by email to: careers[at]villacharities.com.
Application Deadline Date: Friday, January 10, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Villa Charities’ policies, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Villa Charities’ hiring process. To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.