Position: Director of Corporate Partnerships
Reports To: Vice President, Development
Science World is a BC-based charitable organization that engages the people of British Columbia in STEM literacy. Our mission is to ignite wonder and empower dreams through science and nature. Our values are Curious, Playful, Inclusive, Relevant and Collaborative.
We are seeking a self-starter to grow corporate revenue and engagement in support of Science World’s mission. Through cross-departmental cooperation, this new position will create transformational and mutually beneficial relationships between Science World and a wide range of corporate partners to bring maximum value for Science World. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Director of Corporate Partnerships is an important part of the Development team and is responsible for providing comprehensive support to all of the fundraising activities of Science World. This position requires the ability to foster and develop key relationships with corporate leaders, donors, staff members, volunteers and the wider community.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit public and private corporations to develop innovative partnerships opportunities that will generate financial and/or in-kind support for Science World, including sponsorship, employee engagement, event participation, cause-related marketing, promotion, philanthropic giving, etc.
- Responsible for meeting corporate partnership revenue goals to generate, sustain and increase funds for mission-related purposes
Work collaboratively within the Development department and across the organization to lead development and implementation of account strategies and on-going stewardship of Science World’s key corporate accounts
- Secure new partnership agreements with existing and prospective sponsors by leveraging both current and new Science World programs and mission-related activities
- Provide leadership and coaching on best practices in corporate partnerships including strategic management and sponsor recognition, setting goals and expectations, supporting high level performance, recognizing success and cultivating a culture of philanthropy
- Build, develop and manage a diverse corporate prospect pipeline to support all activities and programs
- Mentoring, coaching and championing of Science World staff required to achieve sustained success in growing and optimizing corporate support
- Timely execution and management of sponsor cultivation and stewardship activities including proposals, partnership agreements, activations, reporting and pledge materials as required
- Preparation and maintenance of annual department budget and forecasts as well as tracking, evaluation and timely reporting on the effectiveness of corporate fundraising and activities
- Promote a culture that is donor-centric, where requests from internal and external stakeholders are responded to with a high degree of urgency, professionalism and accuracy
- Perform other duties as required
- A minimum of 8- 10 years of proven experience in a non-profit environment or high relationship-based environment
- Post-secondary education in Sales, Marketing, Business Management, Fundraising or related discipline
- Proven corporate development and/or sales experience, particularly a track record of success in cultivating, securing and growing revenue from corporate prospects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills. Must have experience working successfully with senior corporate leaders
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, with proven interpersonal savvy and a keen sense of diplomacy
- Strategic thinker and proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to successfully guide and execute partnerships in a matrixed reporting environment
- Strong attention to detail. Resourceful and organized; able to manage competing priorities, complex situations and deadlines
- Must possess a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license with a clean driving record and access to a reliable vehicle
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate various meetings and events with staff, volunteers and donors
Please apply by March 27, 2019 via the Science World careers portal: http://scienceworld.ca/jobs
Please upload a cover letter and a copy of your resume as a part of your application
* All offers are subject to satisfactory completion of reference and police criminal record checks.
We would like to thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted *