Communications Manager Job Description:
Reporting to the Executive Director and the Director of Operations the Communications Manager (Bilingual) will lead the development and execution of the communication strategy with diverse audiences, including internal and external communications to partners and stakeholders. They will be responsible for: creating content across all platforms to help strengthen the recognition of the organization and its programs proactively seeking out media opportunities and creating, editing and maintaining high-quality user-facing communications through the website, email, social media and online media campaigns; preparing digital and print communication materials including outcome reports for all key initiatives; overseeing continual enhancements to the website; and more.
This individual is collaborative and works at a fast pace to produce consistent high quality communication content that adheres to set policies and guidelines. The Manager aims to build strong supportive relationships with the organization’s stakeholders, partners and colleagues. . They are adaptable and able to work comfortably both independently and as part of a team.
- Engages with key stakeholders, partners prospective funders and others to advance the Foundation’s strategic priorities.
- Works in tandem with colleagues, developing and executing effective media releases and announcements that secure audience interest and generates positive response from our stakeholders.
- Manages media relationships, coordinates interviews, and conducts media monitoring.
- Executes communication strategies including media strategies that promote greater knowledge of the Foundation and its programs to stakeholders, industry, governments, and the public.
- Supports ACT’s stakeholder relations and recognition program.
- Ensures clear, consistent messaging across all relevant communication materials.
- Oversees and assists with the development, branding, and maintenance of all communication collateral such as electronic and print documents, educational materials, as well as website and social media content.
- Develops or assists in the development of position statements, speeches, and other communication materials as required.
- Monitors, builds and develops online presence through social media sites as appropriate.
- Develops and/or updates policies and procedures related to the communications function.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Public Relations.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related professional experience.
- Experience with developing communications and promotional programs and development of project-specific communications plans to implement organizational goals and objectives.
- Knowledge and experience with web-based technologies and social media.
- Experience with the non-profit sector an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingualism; ability to work in both English and French (written and spoken) required.
- Highly developed writing and editing skills in both print and electronic media.
- Strong strategic planning skills, including the ability to develop and execute internal and external communications strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communication tools and activities using a variety of proven metrics.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with an ability to communicate clearly with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Energetic and creative with a passion for communications.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office, web-based and video tools and social media.
- Excellent organization, strong attention to detail and time management skills, and ability to efficiently prioritize and multi task.
- Flexible and eager to learn.
About the ACT Foundation:
The ACT Foundation is a national, multiple award-winning, charitable organization dedicated to health promotion and empowering Canadians to save lives. The Foundation is winner of Imagine’s New Spirit of Community Partnership Award and works with multiple government and community partners in establishing health related programs in the educational system in communities across Canada. For more information please visit our website: www.actfoundation.ca
We offer a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits plan, career development opportunities and flexible summer hours.
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.