|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Easter Seals Ontario||Full Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||N/A||2019-02-11||2019-04-12|
Are you a high achieving individual? Do you love helping people become the best at what they do? Are you a strong relationship builder? Are you charismatic, brilliant and never satisfied with the status quo? Are you ready to take the next step towards a rewarding career that offers a strong sense of purpose? If you answered YES, you may be our next Executive Assistant. You’ll have an exciting, rapidly evolving job that you’ll love and that will offer a breadth of opportunities to learn and be challenged.
Easter Seals Ontario is looking for an Executive Assistant who models a compelling style of accountability, discipline, high attention to detail, integrity, consistency and follow-through. To succeed in this role, you will be highly organized, committed to customer service excellence, possess an intuitive sense of discretion and confidentiality, practice high levels of tact and be graceful under pressure.
About Easter Seals Ontario
Easter Seals is a registered charitable organization that helps children and youth with physical disabilities from all ethnic and religious backgrounds. Since 1922, with the help of our generous donors, Easter Seals has been offering programs and services that enable kids to experience greater independence and focus on what they can do rather than on their limitations. We assist families with the purchase of essential mobility and accessibility equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, porch lifts and ramps, as well as communication devices, toileting aids and bathing equipment. We are also an industry leader in providing fully accessible summer camp programs at our two camps, Camp Woodeden in London and Camp Merrywood in Perth. In addition, Easter Seals offers access to special education and other information resources for parents and public education and awareness on disability issues.
What's it like to work at Easter Seals Ontario?
It's challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Together, we are helping kids BE KIDS! You can learn more about the organization at EasterSeals.org.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant is a highly resourceful team player who enjoys working in a results-driven environment. The individual will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations with the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. As well, the Executive Assistant will remain flexible, proactive, and efficient while working on projects from conception to completion.
Key Priorities for the Role:
• President and CEO Support
• Board Governance
• Senior Leadership Team Support
• Project Business Management
• Provide skillful support to the President and CEO to ensure he is enabled to function effectively.
• Provide confidential executive support while exercising sound judgment in planning and problem-solving of priorities.
• Oversee all executive administrative functions, including presentation preparation, project managing, organizing meetings, events, special projects, file management and financial administration.
• Act as a gatekeeper of the CEO’s calendar, developing and implementing systems and processes to optimize the effective use of his time.
• Organize and attend board, committee and management meetings, and schedule and confirm appointments, take and distribute minutes and other board governance tasks as assigned.
• Support and manage business growth related projects, including research and collection of documents from a variety of sources.
Required Professional Designation/Certificate and Required Experience:
• Completed a post-secondary degree and have a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience supporting senior executives and/or Boards in a not-for-profit organization, or the equivalent blend of education and work.
• Demonstrated advanced proficiency with computer applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Visio, etc.), and the ability to adapt to and learn new applications
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to create correspondence, project summaries, presentations, proposals, reports, and conceptualizing materials.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with the internal and external stakeholders on complex matters.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a team-member; demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgment.
• Strong time management skills are required to effectively prioritize and meet multiple conflicting deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Ability to manage ongoing maintenance of efficient administrative and document management systems (paper/electronic) and processes for the office.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, deadline-driven environment
Remuneration: Based on experience + competitive benefit package
Location: Toronto Region
Please submit resumes to the attention of the Manager of Human Resources. Easter Seals Ontario thanks all applicants for their interest in advance however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Note: The position will remain open until filled and rolling interviews will be conducted as soon as qualified applications are received. No phone calls please.
Easter Seals Ontario is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. Candidates with be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process, such as tests, skills demonstrations, etc. Easter Seals Ontario is committed to providing reasonable accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.