Manager of Finance & Corporate Affairs
Main Site (9401 Jane Street, Vaughan)
Permanent, Full-time (35 hours per week)
$83,385 - $98,100 + Health Benefits + Pension
The Vaughan Community Health Centre is a not-for-profit, community-governed organization providing primary health care, social services, and illness prevention programs primarily to the residents of the Western and Northern York Region. In particular, we serve those people experiencing barriers to accessing health care services due to culture, language, age, chronic illness, or the like. As part of the health promotion framework of our services, we work in partnership with other community-based health and social service organizations to address individual, family, and community needs.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the Manager of Finance and Corporate Affairs assists the Executive Director in all financial and operational related matters.
The Manager of Finance and Corporate Affairs works in partnership with the Executive Director, the Management Team and other staff to support the Vision, Mission, and Core Values of the Centre and to ensure that organizational accountability systems are implemented.
The Manager of Finance and Corporate Affairs participates in accreditation process, implementation of strategic plans and performance reviews.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Responsible for all accounting and finance functions of the health center e.g. GL/AP/AR, internal and external reporting for the Ministry of Health and the Central LHIN (SRI, ARR, OHRS).
- Prepare month-end variance reports, quarterly financial statements, financial forecasts and cash flow reports highlighting any significant budget variance.
- Work with the ED to prepare and monitor the annual budget.
- Liaise with funding partners on financial matters as required.
- Oversee the monthly preparation of bank reconciliations, HST quarterly submissions, and annual property tax rebate application.
- Facilitate successful audits by adhering to generally accepted accounting practices, and providing explanations of all entries to the auditors.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Charities Taxation Return and issues charity receipts
- Review payroll and ensure source deductions are remitted by the payroll service provider on timely basis.
- Oversee the management of employee benefits and ensure employees eligible for benefits and HOOPP/RRSP are enrolled and terminated as appropriate.
- Support the Finance and Audit Committee.
- Present financial information to the Board.
- Ensure Centre’s insurance requirements and insurance coverage(s) are adequate, and laisse with insurance company.
- Provide leadership and support in the annual maintenance of the inventory of assets.
- Oversee all operations issues, and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Laisse with IT network provider, Office 365 provider, CSI/leasing equipment, etc.
- Support the Executive Director in ensuring compliance with legislation, and with the creations of annual reports for the Board.
- Ensure the Centre’s Joint Health and Safety Committee requirements are met, and participate in the Joint Health and Safety Committee as the management representative.
- Ensure adequate functioning of building, equipment, security, and administer all related leases and contracts.
- Coordinate all the Centre’s contracts i.e. building.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets, equipment, services and non-disposable supplies.
- Supervise and support the Financial & Operations Analyst, the Human Resources Generalist and the Data Management Coordinator.
- Oversee all HR related matters, and provides information to the Executive Director i.e. HR files, and quarterly HR indicators.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary education in accounting;
- Professional accounting designation (i.e. CPA) equivalent level;
- Courses or certificates in financial management for non-profit organizations are considered an asset;
- Proficiency in using MS Office and accounting software;
- Knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics and FRx;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position preferably in a CHC or not-for-profit agency/health facility of a similar size;
- Experience with project accounting, budgeting, cash flow projections and process improvement;
- Proven ability to manage external audits;
- Experience applying for and reporting on funding (particularly Ministry of Health/LHIN reporting) would be an asset;
- Experience in building or facilities management, coordination Information Technology systems;
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation and policies;
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in office practices and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff to ensure an effective and efficient working environment;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, detailed- oriented, and ability to multi-task;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, a self-starter, and to work with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy;
- A willingness to work flexible hours when necessary including evenings.
Interviews will occur on rolling basis; please apply as soon as you can.
The position will involve working regular office hours, some evenings and the occasional weekend. Successful candidates must undergo a Vulnerable Sector Screening reference check to the satisfaction of the Vaughan Community Health Centre.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
The Hiring Committee
c/o Vaughan Community Health Centre
9401 Jane Street, Suite 206
Vaughan, Ontario L6A 4H7
Fax: (905) 832-0093
While applications are preferred via email, you are welcome to apply by fax, mail or in person.
Accommodations during the recruitment, selection, and interview processes will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code if needed. If you need accommodation during the hiring process please call us at 905 303 8490 ext. 128 to provide your contact information and a member from the hiring Committee will contact you.
Vaughan Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to excellence and hire based on merit.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.