Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes charities, nonprofits, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 1600 Canadian organizations helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
The Demand Generation Marketing Associate plays an important role on the Blackbaud Canada (BBC) team and will report directly to the Head of BBC Marketing. This person will also work closely with client and prospect sales teams to build, execute, and report on outbound and inbound campaigns that generate sales leads for our Canadian business. The position demands a self-starter with attention to detail, the ability to juggle multiple priorities, a collaborative mindset, the capacity to adapt to change, strong project management capabilities and exceptional communication and writing skills. This position has the potential to grow - providing a tremendous opportunity for advancement for the right candidate.
Plan and Execute Demand Generation Programs
- Develop marketing programs to generate demand across our solutions portfolio and generate sales pipeline
- Strategically utilize marketing tactics and launch integrated marketing campaigns - including email, digital ads, webinars, outbound calling, social media, search engine marketing, and more.
- Leverage templates, localize and/or build new campaign assets, execution steps, content requirements and reporting templates.
- Manage and monitor the sales and marketing lead process – collaborating with marketing automation, sales operations and other key stakeholders.
- Monitor and assess reach, engagement, market penetration, and product positioning to develop or adjust demand generation plans to drive new pipeline
- Stay ahead of market trends through all available resources including trade publications, participation in industry conferences.
Collaborate Effectively with a Wide Range of Peers and Stakeholders
- Work closely within the Blackbaud Canada team and collaboratively with an extended team of corporate, product and vertical marketers to effectively launch demand generation campaigns and generate pipeline. You will:
- Align with corporate brand on tone of voice, positioning and templates – localizing assets when necessary.
- Collaborate with corporate brand, digital and social teams to ensure Canadian voice of the customer: content, campaigns and events are promoted effectively across all digital channels: Blackbaud.com, npengage, sgpodcast, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Partner with Blackbaud’s internal creative agency for campaign strategy, concepting, development, and launch.
- Coordinate with marketing automation on campaign scheduling and builds.
- Work with the corporate events to plan and manage Blackbaud owned and 3rd party, industry tradeshows and events - creating exceptional experiences for attendees and guests.
- Align with product and vertical marketing teams on campaigns, events and assets.
- Manage a Canadian marketing calendar to provide transparency and create alignment with key stakeholders.
- Leverage reporting and dashboard tools to monitor, measure and share marketing results: including monthly lead metrics, pipeline contribution and ROI.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications or related business field.
- 2 - 3 years experience in marketing, communications, demand generation, channel marketing, events management, business development or sales
- Experience working for a social good corporation, charity, foundation, association or education institution in roles comparable to the above or in fundraising, sponsorship, community outreach and engagement or member management is considered an asset
- Demonstrated results in improving sales pipeline/funnel close ratios
- Familiarity with sales-stage nurturing, lead scoring, buyer personas
- Creative thinking capabilities; Interest/desire to learn and adopt new strategies and tactics
- Strategy, project management, budget management and financial skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence others without formal authority and build relationship across the organization