The Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC) champions the talent and experience that immigrants bring to the Greater Toronto Area. Our solutions support organizations to become more culturally inclusive, and help newcomers expand their professional networks and understand the local labour market. We collaborate with leaders and organizations to build a GTA where immigrant professionals can contribute to their fullest potential.
The Manager, Employer Partner Relationships and Mentor Engagement is a member of the team supporting the daily implementation of TRIEC Mentoring Partnership program. This position is specifically responsible for managing the relationships with all TRIEC Mentoring Partnership employer partners and working directly with champions, coordinators and other employer staff involved in delivering mentoring. They are also responsible for developing and implementing strategies and plans for mentor recruitment and retention to meet the needs of a growing program.
This is a full-time position located in downtown Toronto. This role reports to the Senior Manager, TRIEC Mentoring Partnership
Compensation: $65,000 per year
Mentor recruitment planning
- Leading development and implementation of annual plan for targeted recruitment and engagement of employer partner mentors and individual mentors in close collaboration with Senior Manager, TRIEC Mentoring Partnership, other program staff and relevant employer engagement and communications staff
- Collaborating with communications and other relevant staff to assist in developing and implementing a marketing strategy and plan that is aligned to mentor recruitment plan
- Monitoring mentor recruitment during year to ensure targets are being met in accordance with plan and the requirements of a dynamic mentee pool and, where necessary, consulting with staff to make appropriate adjustments
- Working with other TRIEC Mentoring Partnership staff and communications team to continuously review and update program communication and collateral including printed and online resources
Employer Partner Mentor Recruitment, Recognition and Stewardship
- Supporting employer engagement team in engaging with new employers in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors
- Training and onboarding new employer partners, creating a portal for new Employer Partners (EP), familiarizing and supporting the EP Coordinator with their portal and identifying any unique reporting requirements
- Working closely with employer partners through champions and coordinators to maintain and deepen relationships and to ensure targeted recruitment of adequate number and occupational distribution of mentors. This will include:
- Maintaining and implementing a regular schedule of employer partner mentoring cycles to fulfill mentor recruitment targets
- Coordinating with learning staff and employer partner coordinators for scheduling of employer onsite information sessions for mentor recruitment and orientation sessions for matched mentors
- Assisting employer coordinators in providing value-add support to mentor/mentee partnerships during the cycle and matching mentors as required
- Connecting employers to the immigrant talent pool through our partner organizations and networks as required.
- Coordinating post - cycle reviews with EPs, to assess participation, outcomes, program evaluation, impact and to plan for continuous improvement in service delivery.
- Implementing program delivery guidelines and quality assurance measures with EPs
- Developing strategies to keep employer partners and their staff engaged and grow the number of repeat mentors
- Regularly participating in community/employer partner events and other employer partner-hosted activities to strengthen relationships and garner ongoing commitment
Individual Mentor Recruitment
- Consulting with other TRIEC Mentoring Partnership staff to determine needs and aligning the Individual Recruitment plan to recruit in targeted occupations
- Collaborating with communications staff to implement individual mentor recruitment plan
- Identifying and engaging with new partners to market TRIEC Mentoring Partnership and engage individual mentors
- Liaising with service delivery partners to support, where necessary, their mentor recruitment efforts
- Monitoring and coordinating the individual mentor reference check process with external vendors
Mentor Engagement and Re-engagement
- Collaborating with employer engagement and communications staff to develop and implement a plan to ensure continuous engagement of mentors, both employer partner and individual, and increase number of repeat mentors. This will include:
- Development and implementation of mentor recognition plan
- Working closely with learning, and other TRIEC Mentoring Partnership staff for planning and delivery of professional development series for mentors
- Liaising with Program Coordinator, Service Deliver Partners to ensure QA requirements are being met by coaches, particularly as it relates to mentor support
- Development and implementation of other initiatives such as sharing of mentee/mentor success stories, communication of important TRIEC Mentoring Partnership activities and milestones etc.
- Collaborating with other TRIEC Mentoring Partnership and communications staff for initiatives for re-engagement of inactive mentors
TRIEC and TRIEC Mentoring Partnership Team Involvement
- Participate in new staff onboarding and TRIEC team & staff meetings and partner events
- Participate and contribute to research, pro-bono, grant and pilot projects undertaken by TRIEC and TRIEC Mentoring Partnership
- Participate in program planning and related activities
- Providing support to rest of the TRIEC Mentoring Partnership team from time to time as necessary
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree with minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture relationships with employers at all levels of management, persuade and influence employers, mentors and the community at large.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands
- Proven ability to think strategically and creatively, flexibility to adapt plans to changing priorities
- Team player and ability to collaborate across teams to achieve shared goals
- An awareness of the issues immigrants face in finding appropriate employment, the challenges facing employers in increasingly culturally-diverse workplaces, and a passion for making a difference
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing communications, including email, digital and social media marketing
- Knowledge and experience working with Salesforce would be an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to submit an electronic resume and cover letter in a single MS Word file or PDF format, separated by page breaks to the Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Manager, Employer Partner Relationships and Mentor Engagement – your name.
Applications must be submitted by email by Wednesday, May 29th at 5:00 pm.
Note: Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
TRIEC is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise TRIEC of any measures, if required, which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to these measures will be addressed confidentially. For more information on TRIEC please visit www.triec.ca.