Springtide Resources is a registered charity that develops and implements programs aimed at responding to the growing prevention, intervention and educational needs of those working on ending gender-based violence. Since 1978 we have engaged diverse communities in shared educational strategies designed to prevent gender-based violence and the effects it has on children. We are growing and evolving to meet the changes in how information and training on anti-violence and human rights are generated in our communities. For more information, visit: www.springtideresources.org.
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join our dynamic team as Administrative Coordinator. Working closely with the Executive Director, this key position will be responsible for efficiently and effectively maintaining administrative and financial systems for the organization.
Position Title: Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Works with: Executive Director, Board of Directors, Program Staff, Bookkeeper, Auditor
External Relationships: Organizational Members, General Public
Schedule: Permanent part-time, 28 hours per week with some evenings required
Compensation: $42000 pro-rated plus benefits
Personal Attributes and Strengths:
- Keen ability to work independently, take initiative and meet deadlines; and willing to work collaboratively and take direction
- Appreciates and enjoys bringing a high level of detail to tasks
- Sincere, compassionate, clear, effective and diplomatic communicator
- Works comfortably with diverse populations, within an anti-oppression framework
- Understands the importance of and maintains confidentiality
- Flexible and willingness to take on tasks where required, even if they do not fall within the parameters of their usual responsibilities
- Able to re-prioritize tasks and support teams based on frequently changing needs
This position will include a combination of administrative, financial and communication responsibilities. The successful candidate will be a key component of the organization who values their role in enabling other arms of the organization to fulfill responsibilities with greater ease and efficiency.
- Reception: first point of contact for people in-person and over the phone, handle mail
- Record keeping: update important documents, file hard copies of documents, create system for saving documents on server
- Office coordination: organize office cleaning and office duties, order and inventory office supplies and services, key contact for office repairs and maintenance, handle insurance, suggest and implement systems for office efficiency and improvements
- Meeting and event coordination: book event spaces and services, event promotion, coordinate event logistics, represent Springtide Resources at events
- Participate in ongoing organizational planning: staff meetings, strategic planning
- E-learning support: download records, provide users with basic technical support, support marketing of E-learning program
- Technical support: server back-up, monitor email system, maintain antivirus software
- Provides general administrative support to Executive Director
- Financial support: handle incoming and outgoing cheques in a timely manner, invoices and expense claims, provide bookkeeper and auditor with documents and support annual audit process, arrange investment terms for long term deposits, knowledge of Sumac and Quickbooks
- Fundraising support: research funders, contribute to grant applications and funder reports, renew and maintain memberships, maintains currency of donor database, including preparation and tracking of tax receipts.
Board and Governance Support
- Schedules meetings, responds to requests and provides administrative support to Board and committee meetings
- Provides coordination and administrative support for organizing Annual General Meeting
- Develops and maintains internal communication systems including shared calendars, room bookings, meeting agenda and minutes
- Updates website and social media platforms as directed
- Document preparation and management: draft content on behalf of Springtide Resources, contribute to grant proposals, proofread documents, keep all electronic and hard copies of documents up to date and filed in an accessible format and support Executive Director in preparation of external communications, when necessary
- 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative, financial or communications/marketing role
- Previous administrative and/or financial administration experience
- Excellent organizational, coordination, and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, comprehension and writing skills
- Ability to plan, problem-solve and exercise sound judgement
- Excellent customer service skills, going above and beyond to understand and meet client needs
- Demonstrated high level of expertise with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe)
- Demonstrated knowledge of database management. Knowledge of Sumac would be an asset
- Experience with web development and social media platforms would be an asset
- Experience in a not-for-profit or membership organization would be an asset
- Knowledge of QuickBooks would be an asset
Springtide Resources is a survivor-centric organization that promotes anti-oppression principles and practice. We aim for our staff to reflect the communities that we serve (including queer and trans people of all genders; Deaf and disabled people; newcomers, immigrants, and refugees; Black, Indigenous and people of colour; low-income people, and youth).
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume by Wednesday January 23 at 5pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Springtide Resources offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation. Our building, offices and washrooms are accessible.