Program Coordinator - Peel Region (Parental Leave Replacement)
Twelve (12)-month full time contract position (Jan. 2020 - Dec. 2020).
Supervisor: Program Manager - GTA West
About NPower Canada
NPower Canada is a charitable organization that launches underserved young adults into meaningful and sustainable careers. The program provides participants with free in-demand digital and professional skills training, and connects them to new and rewarding career opportunities with some of Canada’s largest employers. Through consultation with a wide range of employers, NPower Canada’s comprehensive curriculum ensures participants are equipped with the in-demand technical and professional skills most sought after by industry.
NPower Canada provides employers with access to a pipeline of eager, diverse and job-ready young talent with in-demand digital skills who are primed to succeed in the workplace. Graduates receive ongoing support and coaching to ensure continued success in their careers.
Reporting to the Program Manager - Peel Region, this is an exciting opportunity for a results-focused Program Coordinator to provide group and individual employability skills coaching to Peel Region youth facing barriers to employment, while supporting the Program Manager with program administration and logistics.
Who you are
- 2-3+ years in group and individual career coaching, preferably with diverse young adults ages 18 to 29 who have faced multiple barriers to employment.
- Knowledge of/connections within the Peel Region employment and training sector.
- Excellent conflict resolution and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Post-secondary education in Career and Work Counselling, Social Service Work or Social Work, Education, Adult Education, Human Resources or similar field is a strong asset.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience facilitating engaging and interactive workshops developed for a youth audience.
- Open-minded, inclusive, non-judgmental and committed to participant success.
- Proven ability to deliver diverse types of programming such as life skills, skills training, job search and career readiness programs.
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven experience collaborating with other departments.
- Group and individual counselling skills.
- Must be computer literate and adept at managing information using database applications.
- Experience evaluating program curriculum and delivery to identify what is working and where improvements are possible.
- Proven expertise in resolving challenging and complex client service issues.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a safe, professional and supportive classroom and service environment.
- Experience working with youth of all backgrounds including people with disabilities, LGBTQ, low income and racialized youth.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability and thrives in a rapidly changing environment.
Accountabilities & Deliverables
Career Development Facilitation, Coaching & Feedback
- Facilitate NPower Canada’s Professional Development workshops to classroom of 50-65 participants. Workshops include: resume development, professional attire, workplace communication, interview preparation, and other relevant topics.
- Provide group and individual career coaching to participants with strong emphasis on resume and cover letter development, LinkedIn profile development, interview preparation and networking practice.
- Maintain a safe, professional and respectful classroom environment simulating the professional workplace environment.
- Assist with classroom preparation and actively troubleshoot issues related to program delivery including space and technology maintenance.
- Coordinate class schedule, including working with Program Manager to support participants in preparing for guest speakers, site tours, and networking events
- Coordinate and track transportation supports for eligible participants.
- Input and maintain accurate participant information in Salesforce and on Schoology.
- Assist with data collection and tracking, including participant assessment scores, classroom performance, work, income and education status, and program surveys.
Participant Management and Issue Resolution
- Record and track participants’ attendance and punctuality in accordance with Participant Agreement.
- Work with team to address participant performance issues with tact and timeliness.
- Work with all NPower Canada team members to maintain a safe and professional work environment for participants and staff.
- Engage in weekly Case Management meetings with team. Monitoring and reviewing participant performance and creating action plans to support with participant success
- Support Program Manager with participant performance management including feedback meetings along with verbal and written warnings and program withdrawals.
- Work with Career Coordinator to ensure that holistic supports are in place for participants coping with concurrent challenges.
Intake and Referrals
- Support team with interviewing candidates for the NPower Canada program.
- Provide warm referrals to alternate programs and services for participants not admitted into program.
- Record and maintain accurate applicant documentation and information in Salesforce.
DUE DATE - JANUARY 31ST, 2020 at 5 PM EST
Early applications are encouraged.
NPower Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NPower Canada will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates through the hiring process, under the Human Rights Code. Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.