Reporting to the Senior Manager of HR, the HR Manager acts as a trusted HR advisor and
business partner that fosters a climate of collaboration, respect and fairness for our
valued employees and is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance,
and administration of HR functions.
Duties and expectations may include:
❖ Leadership and Strategy
- Be a resource for, and interpret, MOSAIC’s vision, mission, values, strategic plans
- Develop and utilize business metrics to measure achievement of the strategic goals.
❖ Employee Engagement
- Develop and monitor strategies impacting employee satisfaction, engagement, and performance.
- Create and maintain a culture that builds a diverse and inclusive work environment, and enhance recruitment practices, and community engagement
- Initiate and promote cross-functional working relationships between employees.
❖ Talent Planning
- Develop, implement, and evaluate orientation, onboarding, succession planning, retention, and employee termination process
- Conduct job analyses to create/update job descriptions and identify job competencies
- Brand and market the organization to potential applicants
❖ Total Rewards
- Implement and evaluate total rewards policies/programs to support the organization’s goals, objectives, and values.
- Oversee outsourced compensation and benefits surveys and components.
❖ Training and Development
- Assist in conducting training needs assessments to identify and establish priorities.
- Develop and evaluate employee retention strategies and practices
- Provide advice and recommendations to directors, managers, and supervisors on:
- Interpretation and application of MOSAIC HR policies and procedures
- Conflict resolution and grievance processes
❖ Other duties
- Ensure accurate and timely production of employee contracts and amendments etc.
- Assist in creating and monitoring the HR budget and other financial reports
- Ensure implementation of MOSAIC’s policies and procedures
- Special project work as required
- Post‐secondary degree or diploma in HR management; CPHR designation; or a comparable combination of education and experience
- Five years’ HR management experience in a multi‐site organization; experience in a multicultural environment and experience in a non‐profit/charitable organization are assets
- Experience using payroll and HRIS software
- Excellent data management and Excel skills (v‐lookup, pivot tables, charts and forecast)
HOURS: 35 hrs per week
STARTING PAY: $29.45 ‐ $31.24 per hour
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
RESUMES TO: HR@mosaicbc.org
Please reference “Your Name – HR Manager” in the subject line of your application and submit via email (Word / PDF format). No telephone calls please.
Posting Date: November 28, 2019