The Association of Ontario Midwives (AOM) is seeking a Receptionist for our vibrant and energetic organization. The receptionist, under the direction of the Director, Finance and Operations, would provide reception services and administrative support to the association office during an exciting period of growth, challenge and opportunity for midwifery in Ontario.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Answers and directs incoming public and interoffice calls, e-mails, mail and messages to the appropriate person including responding to requests for general information from the public and midwifery practices in a timely manner.
- Takes accurate messages for staff as requested.
- Provides practice group referrals by phone to prospective midwifery clients.
- Ensures that all emails being received at the main corporate address are triaged appropriately and in a timely fashion, responding to requests for general information from the public and practice administrators.
- Checks postage meter readings as required and ensures timely deposits to maintain sufficient postage in the meter.
- Responsible for coordinating all courier requests, registered mail requests, and other special mailing requests from staff and Board members.
- Does filing, faxing, bulk e-mail communication, and photocopying as directed.
- Provides petty cash to staff as required and monitors float to ensure an appropriate amount is available.
- Monitors and orders general office supplies.
- Updates basic software on AOM laptops.
- Updates inventory list as new equipment is purchased for the AOM and old equipment is disposed.
- Responsible for the in-house AOM central meeting calendar for meeting arrangements/logistics.
- Prepares physical meeting spaces, including computer and projector set up, and assists with clean up after meetings.
- Assists with catering needs for meetings.
- Greets visitors to the office.
- Ensures the reception area is well maintained at all times.
- Monitor and maintain public areas, storage room(s), library and filing room(s) of the AOM.
- Provides administrative assistance to other program areas as required.
- Undertakes other projects as assigned
- Takes minutes when required.
- Mail invoices and payments as instructed and in accordance with the cheque mailing protocol.
- Assists the bookkeeper in preparing bills for payment e.g. codes invoices with account codes as required, ensures all documentation is complete.
- Conducts inquiries or research to resolve financial issues as directed by the bookkeeper or Director, Finance and Operations.
- Demonstrated relevant experience as a receptionist working in an office or equivalent position
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with multiple priorities in a busy office environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Outlook/Calendar.
- Skills in Asana or other management/webinar software would be an asset.
- Able to work independently on own initiative as well as in a team environment
- Flexibility and a willingness to perform a variety of tasks that will support the AOM’s administrative needs.
- Attention to detail and able to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Good communications and problem solving skills.
- Experience with accessing and inputting data using database software
- Experience working in a membership and/or a not-for-profit environment
- Oral French language skills would also be an asset
- Part-time position of 30 hours per week from Monday to Friday.
- Tentative Schedule: Thursday 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00AM to 5:00PM.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and letter of interest by Wednesday May 27, 2019 to: Ingrid.email@example.com including “AOM Receptionist” in the subject line.
Please be advised that letters received will be held confidential, shared exclusively with the selection committee, and be used only for the purposes of selection for this position.
The Association of Ontario Midwives is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities with which we work. The AOM welcomes applications from people with disabilities and as such if you require an accommodation to fully participate in our application or hiring processes, appropriate accommodations will be provided as required. Please contact Ingrid.firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your request.