Conference Producer (12-month Contract)
With a new purpose, vision, strategic plan and brand all underway at the Conference Board of Canada, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Conference Developer to have an immediate impact through generating and delivering innovative and highly engaging conferences and related events. At its core, this role encompasses what the Conference Board does best - delivering leading-edge research and convening.
To be successful in this role you must be creative, curious, resourceful and self-motivated while drawing from your broad range of professional and conference industry experience, deep understanding of business issues, and exceptional relationship building skills.
Reporting to the Vice President, this role is available immediately and is located in Ottawa.
- Research and generate new, innovative and viable conference topic ideas and themes.
- Develop conference proposals including overall themes, specific topics, potential speakers and thought leaders,
- target market, potential partners and sponsors, competitive analysis, etc.
- Be the prime conference developer for approximately 10 to 12 conferences on an annual basis.
- Build detailed program agendas in partnership with internal and external subject matter experts.
- Recommend agenda design elements intended to increase attendee engagement/interaction and experience.
- Source, secure and manage relationships with speakers.
- Create marketing briefs and promotional web copy/collateral.
- Work in close partnership with internal and external stakeholders through the critical path from event conception to delivery. This includes participating as part of the on-site delivery team to create exceptional experiences.
- Take accountability for delivering on time and budget.
- Produce high-quality work and demonstrate the professional values of the organization in all aspects of work and interactions with colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
- Become familiar and keep current with research priorities and related knowledge areas.
- A standout within the organization as a visionary and a passionate advocate for our work and its impact.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of five years of conference industry experience.
- Fundamental understanding, intellectual curiosity and interest in being ‘plugged in’ to developing and emerging trends in the Conference Board’s areas of focus.
- Broad, active and diverse network of professional contacts (including senior executives, thought leaders, academics, and subject matter experts).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required (business, social science or a related discipline).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, resourceful, innovative and solutions focused.
- Ability to work independently while collaborating and staying connected as part of a broader team.
- Ability to identify and make connections with executives, decision makers, and thought leaders.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of products.
- Travel to conference locations is required (approximately 20%).
- Bilingualism is an asset
Interested applicants should visit our career page to apply.