Homestarts is non-profit organization providing services to approxmiately100 housing co-operatives and non-profit housing organizations throughout Ontario. Our staffing team of close to 170 dedicated professionals works hard to deliver the management, maintenance, restoration and development services our clients need.
We are currently recruiting a Community Development Coordinator to work at a housing co-operative in Mississauga. This is a full-time position: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work related to board and membership meetings may be required. We are looking for an individual with:
- A solid work ethic and a commitment to collaboration and consultation
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully with groups
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle stress in a busy environment
- The ability to work independently and to work as a team member
- A working knowledge of standard computer software (MS Office) and internet use;
- An understanding of the importance of safe, secure and affordable housing
- An understanding of democratic, community-based organizations where members are involved in the organizational decision-making process
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Phone and in-person reception
- Organizing / facilitating Board strategic planning
- Organizing / facilitating regular Board meetings
- Volunteer management
- Organizing / facilitating volunteer appreciation events
- Organizing / facilitating Co-op social events, including but not limited to family and children's events
- Organizing / facilitating conflict resolution
- Organizing / facilitating Co-op education and/or training
- Facilitating electronic presentations at Co-op meetings and events
- Organizing / facilitating Co-op communication to members
- Organizing/ facilitating Co-op relations with co-operative sector organizations
- Community Development
- Committee support
- Assisting with social activity planning
- Maintaining calendar of Co-op activities
- Making sure new members are promptly welcomed and oriented
- Organizing and preparing for members’ meetings
- Assisting Manager with her or his duties as necessary
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- A comprehensive benefits package health, dental, life and critical illness
- RRSP plus vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks per year and increasing annually.
- We also provide a strong and ongoing training, education and professional development program.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Homestarts is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Please note the job 449 (Community Development Coordinator – Mississauga) in your subject line.
PLEASE NOTE : Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
EMAIL resume: firstname.lastname@example.org