Coordinator, Corporate Development
Grow your career while making an impact at Diabetes Canada!
Today, 11 million Canadians live with diabetes or pre-diabetes. Current growth rates mean that young people at age 20 face a 1 in 2 lifetime risk of developing the condition. To stem the tide of this epidemic, Diabetes Canada is raising its sights to deliver impact at a population level by advocating for healthy public policy, supporting healthcare providers to deliver exceptional diabetes care, funding research towards a cure, and enhancing our digital delivery channels to support the needs of those we serve. Combined with this is our complete support of developing tools and fund-raising programs which support the raising of funds for our mission.
About the Coordinator, Corporate Development Role
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Partnerships, the Coordinator, Corporate Development is responsible for providing administrative support to the National Corporate Development team. This individual demonstrates a standard of excellence, is highly motivated and demonstrates the ability to use their initiative and manage time effectively.
Some of the highlights of the role include:
- Assists in prospect research, utilizing digital resources and tools, where required
- Prepares research summaries/briefs, where required
Customer Relationship Management (CRM):
- Works with team to update client information in CRM system (steps, contacts, opportunities, etc.,)
- Coordinates and supports regular CRM reporting by keeping queries up to date, pulling reports, etc.,
- Prepares monthly prospect reports and other ad-hoc reports, as required
Document preparation and management:
- Formats and edits letters, presentations, and agreements from draft stage to client-ready work
- Uses judgment to compose non-technical business documents
- Follows an organized filing/document management process for electronic and paper documents
- Supports the completion of partnership application forms
Financial management and billing support:
- In coordination with Finance, reconciles monthly financial reports for reporting and tracking purposes
- Coordinates monthly revenue reconciliation and reports
- Reconciles and processes client payments with invoices within the CRM
- Coordinates monthly expense reconciliation for the team
- Assists team to create client billings (drafting and finalizing invoices, credit notes, purchase orders, etc.)
- Coordinates and makes arrangements for on- and off-site meetings where required, including logistics
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Post secondary education in a relevant field
- 2-3 years relevant working experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and aptitude to learn standard organizational software and other applications/toots
- Experience working with a digital CRM system including logging actions and tasks and pulling reports, familiarity with Blackbaud CRM an asset
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Ability to work as a team to ensure fundraising goals are met
- Demonstrated sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines
What Diabetes Canada Can Offer You
- A meaningful role within an organization that is making a direct impact on the fight to #EndDiabetes
- Be a member of a high-performing team with highly skilled colleagues
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
- Employee discounts including Goodlife corporate membership discount
- A rewarding career for you – see our Employee Value Proposition
About the Application Process
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.