Social Worker - Career Coordinator
F/T, 11-Month Parental Leave Coverage Contract Opportunity
Supervisor: Program Manager, Peel Region
This is an exciting full-time 11-month parental leave replacement contract position for a registered Social Worker (RSW) to provide group and individual career development counselling to youth facing multiple barriers to employment in Peel Region.
Coaching, Counselling and Career Development Support
- Provide regular one on one coaching to participants with a strong emphasis on developing employment readiness skills and goal setting
- Utilize counselling techniques such as motivational interviewing and solution-focused brief therapy to support participants in developing employment-ready behaviours.
- Facilitate personal development (life skills) workshops during training, utilizing group counselling techniques to meet the diverse needs of participants. Topics include: Mindfulness, Stress Management, and more.
- Create and develop post-training action-plans for NPower Canada graduates.
- Support Program Coordinator in conducting mock interviews with participants to help them learn how to market themselves effectively to employers.
- Support in preparing participants for site tours and employer guests.
- Provide and source warm referrals to resources and community services.
Case Management, Administration and Site Support
- Assist in the production and updating of NPower Canada program materials and teaching aids.
- Assist in marking participants’ projects and assignments.
- Participate in regular case management and support the Program Manager in preparing Feedback Notices, capturing case notes, and taking meeting minutes.
- POES system management:
- Input and maintain accurate student information, records and case notes in Salesforce and in the Ontario Works database
- Support with training and onboarding of staff and placement students as needed.
- Support with welcoming employers and other community members to special events.
- Work with Program Coordinator to coordinate, deliver and track transportation supports for applicable participants.
- Assist Program Manager in developing and maintaining relationships with MTC, employment and referral partners.
- Deliver information sessions, conduct community outreach and interview candidates for the Program along with team.
Participant Performance Management and Issue Resolution
- Support Program Manager in holding participants accountable to program policies and expectations through providing immediate, constructive and supportive feedback.
- Work with all NPower Canada team members to maintain a safe and professional work environment for students and staff.
- Research new employment and wellness resources for participants.
- Registered Social Worker, having completed a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or Master of Social Work (MSW) degree; current member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a youth counselling role.
- Demonstrated ability to support, motivate and empower diverse youth facing multiple barriers to employment including LGBTQ, low income, newcomers, youth with disabilities and other underserved populations.
- Network of contacts at allied organizations serving low-income young adults in Peel Region would be a strong asset.
- Highly skilled at crisis intervention, de-escalation and conflict resolution.
- Experience facilitating life skills group sessions on topics such as stress management, financial literacy, time management, etc.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to execute on multiple priorities and deliverables.
- Experienced at helping individuals and teams effectively navigate change.
- Proficiency with CRM database applications; specific knowledge of Salesforce is an asset.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 5 PM EST ON March 27, 2019.