|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Corbrook Awakening Abilities||Full Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||4500050000CAD$45,000 - 50,000||2019-01-28||2019-03-28|
Title of Position: Employment Specialist
Start date: ASAP
Location: West Campus – 581 Trethewey Drive, Toronto
As a community-based service organization, Corbrook has been making an important contribution to the lives of people with disabilities and their families for more than sixty years. We pride ourselves on delivering our services using a person-directed philosophy and approach. As a Centre for Learning, we offer services that provide training and learning opportunities, employment preparation and placement, literacy, respite and supported community activities. Our services are offered at our two campuses located in the East and West of the city of Toronto and we offer a number of funded and fee-for-service programs.
The Employment Specialist will work as part of a team to provide participants of Corbrook’s employment supports programs with connections to employment. The Employment Specialist plays a key role in assisting participants to achieve their goals of attaining and retaining meaningful paid employment.
The Employment Specialist reports to the Community Development Manager. This position is a unionized full-time role.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate long-term employment for individuals with disabilities
• Build and steward relationships with existing and new Corbrook employer partners
• Utilize strong cold-calling skills, labour market research, networking and a range of job development strategies
• Market job-seekers skills and appropriately match individuals to open positions considering employers’ needs, individuals’ skills & goals and location
• Provide employers with supports and disability awareness training as needed
• Orient new hires to the workplace and support them to meet performance standards
• Mentor individuals to build their confidence on-the-job and retain employment
• Meet paid job placement and retention targets
• Maintain all required documentation accurately and up to date
• Liaise with other Corbrook staff for all appropriate overlapping service delivery
• Ensure that Corbrook’s health, safety and risk policies and protocols are followed
• Other related duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
• A university degree or college diploma in career counselling, social work or a related field
• At least 3 years’ experience working with individuals who have developmental, physical and/or mental health disabilities or dual diagnoses
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends as needed
• Registered Rehabilitation Specialist certification is an asset
• Experience with MS Office programs (Word, Excel and Outlook) and internet web browsers
• Strong time-management skills and ability to deal with change and ambiguity
• Advanced critical thinker and problem-solver
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Excellent spoken and written communication
• Organized, ability to multi-task and deal effectively with stress
• CVRP and RRP Certifications are an asset
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and/or evenings as per program, operational or participant need
• Experience training, supervising and supporting volunteers
• Certification in CPR/First Aid and Safe Management/CPI crisis intervention training
Application Process and Deadline:
To apply for this position please forward your resume and cover letter through Charity Village. Please indicate the position that you are applying for in the cover letter.
Applications will be accepted up to March 28th, 2019 at 4:30 PM.
Corbrook is an Equal Opportunity Employer and acts in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, Corbrook will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.