The Outreach and Engagement Coordinator will act as a representative for Imagine Canada as we look to grow participation in our Caring Company Program, Standards Accreditation program, and the adoption of Grant Connect. The successful candidate will be the main point of contact for many of the charities, nonprofit organizations, and businesses Imagine Canada engages with, performing assessments to determine what kind of help they need, and informing and educating them about Imagine Canada programs. Responsibilities will include creating, organizing, and promoting outreach activities, with a focus on marketing, sales, and advertising with the goal of creating awareness of Imagine Canada and its services.
Key Responsibilities & Activities
Reporting to the Director, Customer Experience & Operations, the Coordinator, Outreach & Engagement (Bilingual) will:
Business Development & Account Management (60%)
- Identify and qualify potential new customers and markets, and input client intelligence into the Imagine Canada internal CRM database.
- Schedule, prepare for, and execute formal sales presentations as well as informal meetings tailored to meet our potential/existing customers’ needs.
- Provide timely and effective support and guidance to Imagine Canada’s stakeholders.
- Offer online demonstrations of Grant Connect to fundraisers located across Canada.
- Provide administrative support to the broader team involved in sales operations, including assistance with scheduling, data integrity, and reporting.
- Conduct competitive intelligence research in connection with potential clients or markets, market developments and competitor activities.
Campaigns & Events (30%)
- Assist in the planning, implementation and execution of event operations and reporting.
- Increase the profile of Imagine Canada by attending industry events, and hosting online presentations.
- Support the development, execution, and promotion of other marketing initiatives that build awareness of Imagine Canada brands and drive sales growth.
- Maintain knowledge of the charitable sector and fundraising trends, research, and influencers, to be able to effectively assess needs of clients and opportunities for Imagine Canada.
- Participate in company committees, retreats, and other cross-functional initiatives that contribute to the overall success of Imagine Canada.
- Evaluation of, updating and expansion of existing training processes and materials related to sales and account management.
Knowledge & Experience
- College diploma or University degree in a related field with 2-3 years experience in sales, fundraising, marketing and/or the equivalent education and experience.
- Strong command of French and English (written and oral) - language skills will be tested during the interview process.
- Understanding of the environment in which Canadian charities and nonprofits operate and appreciation of the diversity of Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet new and different people on a day-to-day basis and to quickly form relationships.
- Proven success in cultivating stakeholder relationships and building consensus among teams.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to shift from task to task quickly, and maintain a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to represent Imagine Canada in a warm, friendly, and enthusiastic manner, and put others at ease.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team in a fast-paced, professional environment, managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent problem solving ability with sound judgment and discretion.
- Experience using Salesforce, Google Drive and fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge is advantageous, but not essential.
About Imagine Canada
We're a national, bilingual charity that works with and on behalf of Canada's charities, nonprofits, and social entrepreneurs to create an operating environment in which social good can thrive. We believe in a stronger Canada where charities work together, alongside business and government, to build vibrant communities. Established in 2005, our team of over 30 full-time staff are based in Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal.
What We Offer
- Be part of a growing national organization in a collegial environment with a smart group of dedicated staff and volunteers.
- Attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and generous benefits.
- Opportunity to engage with a variety of thought leaders from charities and nonprofits across the country collectively working toward common goals.
- Opportunity to learn leading practices and emerging trends in the charitable sector.
- Leadership is forward-thinking, entrepreneurial, and supportive operating in an environment of integrity and collective commitment to achieving long-term goals.
Imagine Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in Canadian communities. We are committed to fostering a culture that exemplifies our employee values:
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things.
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty.
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour.
- Creativity: We create using our resourcefulness, ingenuity, and imagination.
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness.
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads.
Terms & Conditions
- Terms of Employment: Full time / Permanent
- Location: Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto
- Annual Salary Range: $45,760 - $59,510
- Deadline - External: September 6, 2019, 11pm ET*
How to Apply
This is an urgent vacancy and as such Imagine Canada will begin scheduling interviews with selected candidates as applications are received. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Coordinator, Outreach & Engagement (Bilingual)” outlining why you are interested in the position as well as highlighting your relevant experiences.
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted in English and French and will include a written component in both languages.
Imagine Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!