|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Kids Help Phone||Full Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||N/A||2019-04-05||2019-04-21|
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will see us change the landscape of youth mental health in the coming years. We can’t do it alone. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take all of us. Sounds like a journey you want to be a part of? Join us!
PROJECT MANAGER, NEWCOMER & DIVERSITY INITIATIVES
Location: Downtown Toronto, University Ave and Dundas St. West
Contract: Permanent, Full-time with applicable benefits
ABOUT KIDS HELP PHONE
Since 1989, Kids Help Phone has been Canada’s only national 24/7 bilingual (English and French) phone counselling, web counselling and referral service for children and youth, focused on mental health. We are pioneers in the field of virtual care. We exist to serve the 8.2 Million young people across Canada. Our values are rooted in being courageous, collaborative, innovative, resilient and trustworthy.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Knowledge Mobilization, the Project Manager, Newcomer & Diversity Initiatives is responsible for developing a project management plan and leading the implementation of initiatives related to Kids Help Phone strategic goal of maximizing access to service for newcomer and culturally diverse young people in Canada. Fostering organizational growth and knowledge development related to better serving newcomer and culturally diverse young people in Canada. Evolving and supporting meaningful relationships will be necessary for successful initiative implementation; this position will serve as the point of contact at Kids Help Phone for partners, community members and internal and external stakeholders
• Support the organization in the process of translating a funded program proposal through development, execution, stewardship and implementation
• Creates a detailed work plan to successfully manage the implementation process, including budgetary oversight and funded deliverables
• Serve as the lead project manager for the implementation of the program
• Develops tools, templates, briefing notes and other required materials in support of the plan
• Plans and conducts focus groups with youth and other stakeholders and ensures groups feedback is incorporated into the project design and identifies opportunities to include youth voice at each stage of the project.
• Uses best practice information, research, and stakeholder feedback to guide recommendations throughout the project.
• Leads partnerships and relationship management with key external stakeholders, according to the Kids Help Phone partnership strategy and guidelines
• Researches, identifies, and cultivates key organizations, individuals, communities and other groups whose involvement may be pertinent to our initiatives
• Collaborates with other departments as related to the initiatives
• Post-secondary diploma/degree in social services, social sciences or demonstrated related abilities through experience and education
• 5 years experience in project-based roles, including leading, managing, and implementing long-term programs
• 2 years experience as a project manager
• Extensive knowledge of issues experienced by newcomer youth and demonstrated experience working with diverse communities
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Demonstrated experience of understanding, awareness and sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and racial differences
• Detail oriented and results driven
• Proficient in MS Office applications including MS Project, Visio, Excel, Power Point, Word
• Experience in social services / non-profit charitable setting
• Knowledge of Arabic language an asset
• Certification in Project Management an asset
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
If you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being, please visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=KIDSHELP&lang=en_CA, open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter: lastname_firstname_projectmanagernewcomer&diversityinitiatives
This posting will close on Sunday, April 21, 2019
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at; http://org.kidshelpphone.ca
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program. Scent free environment.
Kids Help Phone is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.