PQCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
JOB TITLE: Employment Resource Centre Support, Bilingual required
JOB #: 2019-0089
Status: Permanent position
Hours: 35 hrs/week
Benefits and eligibility: Cost-shared extended health and dental, HOOPP pension enrollment
Pay scale: $21.315 – $25.075hour
Application deadline: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 4:00pm
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE www.pqchc.com
The Employment Resource Centre Support is responsible for delivering employment services geared to the needs of specific target groups within the full-suite employment model. The model includes the following components: Client Service Planning and Coordination, Resource and Information, Job Search, Job Matching, Placement and Incentives, and Job Retention. This position, in consultation with the Employment Services team, is responsible for supporting clients using the Resource Room.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
1. Direct Client Service
- Delivers workshops and information sessions.
- Provides information, resources and referrals to clients.
- Provides tours and orients clients to services.
- Supports clients in their job search using practical interventions based on client need.
- Collaborates in the development of client care plans.
- Monitors client care plans.
- Assists in promotional activities and client and employer recruitment/outreach.
- Monitors client attendance and reports as required.
- Performs client follow-up as per program guidelines.
- Maintains awareness of current issues and developments in the respective field.
- Provides financial supports to clients/families in keeping with program guidelines.
- Tracks financial supports provided to clients/families.
- Greets clients in a welcoming and client centered manner.
2. Support Services
- Develops and maintains client and employer resources for the Resource Room.
3. Administration and Clerical
- Maintains electronic/paper client records and protects the confidentiality of the information.
- Performs administrative functions as required by the program.
- Assists in maintaining the program database by entering data, generating reports, supporting analysis, and regular auditing of data integrity.
- Ensures all data is accurate and entered on a timely basis.
- Collects statistics and prepares reports as required.
4. Human Resources
- Provides support and assistance to volunteers and/or placement students.
- Covers-off volunteers/or placement students duties as required.
- Provides staff training as needed.
5. Teamwork and Collaboration
- Maintain effective communication of information among internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists in the development of program specific policies and procedures/guidelines and in the overall planning and development of the program.
- Attends and participates at team and general staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participates in the evaluation component of relevant program.
- Participates in the internal chart audit process.
- Provides support to clients of team members as needed.
- Fosters an environment of continuous learning through staff mentoring and development.
- Reduces barriers to access for the populations served by the program.
- High School diploma and post-secondary training in a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
2. Professional Experience
- 3 years experience in the following areas:
- experience in employment related initiatives
- experience dealing with the public
3. Key Competencies
- Knowledge of issues, trends and legislation in the employment field and the labour market.
- Excellent computer skills and advanced knowledge of Office applications.
- An understanding of the factors affecting employability.
- An understanding of diverse populations, newcomers, unemployed, disabled and low-income.
4. Linguistic Profile (for Centres with French Language Service Designations)
- Under the Centre’s designation to provide French Language Services.
- Based on New Avenues Linguistics Rating Scale: A+ (highest skill) to C- (lowest skill)
- French (oral expression): A+ (required)
- French (oral comprehension): A+ (required)
- French (reading comprehension): A + (required)
- French (written expression): A+ (required)
- Bilingual (English/French) required.
- Other languages an asset.
5. Personal Suitability/Other Requirements
- Flexible hours including working Thursday evenings until 8:00 pm.
- Communication skills, both oral and written, for a variety of audiences.