The mission of Brain Injury Canada is to enhance the quality of life of individuals and families/caregivers living with brain injury in Canada. The Board, Staff and volunteers of Brain Injury Canada are dedicated to facilitating post-trauma research, education, awareness and advocacy in partnership with national, provincial/territorial and regional associations and other stakeholders.
Brain Injury Canada has received funding to develop acomprehensive and centralized information website of credible and evidence-based information, enabling us to build bridges, share knowledge and resources. The goal is to create a network of care for Canadians living with brain injury and their families looking for information, help and support.
To support this important work, Brain Injury Canada is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Content Coordinator. Working with the Project Manager, this role will be responsible for creating, editing, posting and updating of content for this new online resource. This role will require the ability to source and create content according to the established editorial guidelines and ensure all content on the site meets the needs of our multi-faceted audience.
- Writes and edits creative copy for a variety of interactive media, including the website, social media, multimedia presentations, newsletter, videos and other promotional tools.
- Source eligible content for posting to site
- Foster effective and efficient communication among colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- Assist with preparing content for posting by checking changes to content, identifying required permissions, preparing photo and PDF accessibility, accurate alt text, fact checking and approval from Scientific Advisor Committee
- Coordinate content into information pathways specific to the target audience
- Work with Project Manager to develop content update strategy and update content as devised.
- Synthesize medical and research language into plain language and viable content
- Provide maintenance of database following established standards and processes.
- Perform quality assurance checks to ensure content follows editorial guidelines and work with Project Manager to develop content performance evaluation metric.
- Manage social media platforms, including content development, posting and tracking
- Coordinate the development of quarterly newsletter
- Proofread documents, presentations as required
- Implement marketing and search engine optimization strategies
- Work with translation coordinator to ensure all content is translated and then posted in both English and French.
- Post-secondary graduate in marketing, communications, journalism or a similar field preferred.
- 5+ years of marketing communications and copywriting experience working directly with clients in different industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is essential. Fluency in French would be an asset.
- High organization skills, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Strong background in writing compelling content for websites, blogs, ad-copies, white papers, landing pages, social media posts etc.
- Positive attitude and passion for designing and writing content
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner
- Experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with content management systems and in the creation of content pathways
- Flexible and willing to change priorities based on needs.
- Excellent research skills
- Knowledge of online accessibility standards
- Ability to work collaboratively
Brain Injury Canada is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes. If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation of any kind, please let us so that we may assist you.
Deadline for Applications: Monday July 15th 2019 at 11:59 pm EST
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.