Sandgate Women's Shelter of York Region Inc. was founded in 1992 by a group of concerned citizens called the Committee Against Domestic Abuse (CADA) through the support of the Georgina Community Resource Centre. Sandgate works within a harm reduction, feminist and intersectional framework following the vision, mission and guiding principles of the agency.
A world free of oppression and violence for all women and children.
Sandgate Women’s Shelter of York Region Inc. is a feminist organization, dedicated to empowering all persons who identify as women and their children through safe shelter, resources, information and advocacy in order to eliminate violence in their lives.
The Director of Revenue Development is a newly created position that reports directly to the Executive Director. This is a renewable contract position, and is a multi-faceted role that will lead the agency’s funds development and donor stakeholder strategies. Both aspects of the role focus on raising Sandgate’s visibility and support within the community toward the goal of enhanced organizational growth and sustainability over the short and long term. The role requires a motivated and passionate individual who believes in the mission and has a proven track record of achieving ambitious revenue goals and growth targets. This role is accountable for managing all aspects of a comprehensive fundraising program including Annual Giving, Corporate Relationships and Grant Proposals, Foundations, Major Giving, Planned Giving, Sponsorship and Events using both traditional and innovative strategies. As a member of the Senior Management team, the Director of Revenue Development will be actively engaged in ongoing organizational management and strategic development as the subject matter expert of fundraising. Duties include:
Overall Fundraising Strategy
- Accountable for increasing Sandgate’s capacity to grow revenue and meet/exceed specific, measurable income goals (over and above core recurring revenues).
- Develop and implement Sandgate’s annual fundraising strategy, including annual revenue targets of $2 Million and key performance indicators
- Oversee grant development including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Identify and pursue new sources of corporate and foundation funding
- Assist with the implementation of other fundraising approaches – such as planned giving, online campaigns, gift cultivation, bequest solicitation, and endowment programs
- Implement tracking tools and provide monthly reports on all grant submissions and donation requests
- Develop and manage the agency’s donor database
- Coordinate the development of Sandgate’s fundraising events
- Create and provide analysis on a regular basis and post-campaign revenue reports for discussion with the Board, reporting on trends, opportunities and areas of potential concern
- Maintain a solid knowledge of current best practices, rules, policies, guidelines and procedures related to fund development
- t activities, and ensure that the development office’s conduct, activities, systems, and procedures strictly adhere to the highest ethical, accounting, reporting and any other applicable standards
Donor Stakeholder Engagement
- Initiate and build strong relationships with a portfolio of approximately 100 high net worth individuals and corporate partnerships
- Identify and evaluate specific prospective donors at the $10,000+ level; build and manage a vibrant and proactive portfolio of prospective donors, focusing on building sustainable relationships
- Prepare customized funding proposals to meet the donor’s personal, estate and financial planning goals
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to ensure that all aspects of a successful event are coordinated towards a common goal
- Develop and implement all aspects of direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings as needed
- Ensure that the donor database information is current and accurate
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job (written/verbal)
- Attend relevant meetings and events
- Assume other tasks and activities as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Post secondary education in a related field
- CFRE designation is an asset
- 7-10 years of professional experience including business management, corporate sponsorships, revenue development, sales, and fundraising, with increasing levels of responsibility. Proven experience in managing all aspects of revenue development
- 5 years experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of for-profit as well as not-for-profit best business practices
- Experience with financial planning and analysis in a not-for-profit environment including not-for-profit revenue streams
- Proven experience in building strategic collaborative partnerships with shareholder corporations. Proven and consistent track record of meeting revenue development goals
- Demonstrated success in business development, fundraising and communications
- Demonstrated success in prospecting, soliciting and closing opportunities, building a donor base and/or fundraising in a not for profit environment
- Experience stewarding donor programs; demonstrated ability to engage, motivate, and leverage stakeholders both internally and externally
- Proficiency in and experience using donor database applications
- Experience analyzing and reporting on fund development data, evaluating impact, and suggesting ways to adjust course to improve results
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Knowledge of legislation surrounding charities and charitable giving
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work in a deadline driven
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Tact and sound judgment
- Valid driving licence, valid work-related insurance and reliable vehicle and willingness to travel as required
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screening from local Police Force
- Knowledge of the VAW sector is an asset
- Fluency in French language is considered an asset
- This position is located out of our head office in Jackson’s Point, with occasional possibility to work remotely
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive compensation package will be offered including salary, benefits and performance-based bonus.
- Sandgate is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Sandgate encourages applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
- This posting will remain opened until filled, and we will start reviewing resumes as we receive them.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter