If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), now is the time to join our team at JDRF. We are the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and curing T1D.
Are you a collaborative fundraiser with a passion for securing major gifts? We’re searching for a Manager, Major Gifts to join JDRF to provide leadership in the direction, planning and execution of major gift fundraising within our BC & Yukon Region.
As the Manager, Major Gifts, you would have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Executing the Major Gifts plan within BC & Yukon Region including goal setting, budgeting, measurement, reporting and evaluation
- Promoting a culture that is donor-centric, where requests from internal and external stakeholders are responded to with a high degree of urgency, professionalism and accuracy
- Applying best practices in major gift fundraising, executing national stewardship and moves management plans to identify, research, cultivate, and successfully solicit qualified prospects
- Identifying, recruiting, developing and supporting senior major gift volunteers and committees within the region
- Collaborating with regional staff in support of major gift, fundraising and stewardship activities
- Developing an annual business plan and budget in collaboration with other members of the Major Gifts team that is in alignment with the Foundation’s strategic plan
- Collaborating with Philanthropy and Corporate Partnerships team members and senior management to meet goals
- Regularly reporting on progress of business plan achievement and variances as requested ensuring timely communication to staff and major gift volunteers
- Supporting the achievement of the annual fundraising goal and In our Lifetime Campaign goals for JDRF
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you bring the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent; CFRE would be an asset
- Minimum 5 years progressive leadership experience in fundraising, business development, sponsorship, sales and/or marketing within the non-profit, for profit or agency sectors
- Experience in major gift fundraising campaigns including senior volunteer management is an asset
- Experience building consensus and achieving results in a complex business environment is an asset
- Understanding of type 1 diabetes or auto immune conditions and the process of peer-reviewed research is an asset; Ability to articulate the mission and goals of JDRF to the community at large both verbally and in all forms of written communication
- Experience establishing and executing long-term plans while leveraging immediate opportunities and managing short-term objectives
- Strong strategic and operational skills, with the ability to work together with other staff and volunteers to achieve success
- The ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, with proven interpersonal savvy and a keen sense of diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage key relationships with donors, corporate partners, staff, and volunteers
- Resourceful and organized; able to manage competing priorities, complex situations and deadlines
- Proven ability to influence with integrity and to work independently
- Please note: The successful candidate will be required to have flexibility to accommodate meetings and events outside of the standard work day and have the ability to travel to meet with donors, volunteers and stakeholders as needed (approx. 20%). A valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is required.
Why choose JDRF?
We offer a competitive compensation package including (employer paid) group benefits, group RRSP matching program, paid annual vacation, professional development, and flexible working arrangements. We also offer a dynamic and positive working environment built on the core values of Respect, Understanding and Integrity; Perseverance; Collaboration; Risk Taking and Entrepreneurship; and Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability.
Interested? Please submit your resume for consideration today!
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.