Fontbonne Ministries was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto in 2000 to respond to changing societal needs. Fontbonne Ministries operates at various locations throughout Toronto providing affordable housing, outreach to those who are isolated and alone, activities that build community, opportunities for young adults to connect with others and grow spiritually, and opportunities to engage in one’s creative side in an accepting, inclusive environment.
The Development & Community Relations Officer is a new role created to provide vision and strategic leadership and takes accountability for coordinating Fontbonne Ministries’ fundraising and marketing functions with the aim of enhancing philanthropic support, other income streams and raising the profile of the organization in accordance with the mission, values and ethical standards of Fontbonne Ministries and the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph, Toronto.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, strategic, multi-channel, annual fund development and community relations plan.
- Establish, build, and steward relationships with prospects and current donors, including individual community members, local business owners, corporations, foundations, and others.
- Research and identify potential fundraising and sponsorship leads/sources and prepare proposals to government, corporations, foundations and private granting agencies.
- Develop and implement donor stewardship strategies, including cultivating current donors, nurturing lasting relationships and building reward and recognition elements.
- Seeks new opportunities and develops programs in line with Fontbonne Ministries’ vision/mission and strategic priorities.
- Identify, research, attract, and secure new and partners and patrons; develop and implement philanthropic-giving programs and multi-channel campaigns.
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Encourage and build a network for third party fundraising events and activities through community awareness.
- Plan, manage and execute annual fundraising events, including development and solicitation of sponsorship, coordination and management of logistics.
- Accountable for management of donation process and donor database to ensure accurate and comprehensive retention of information; produce insights on donor data and trends; prepares reports for the Executive Director and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to research and produce grant proposals including submission, tracking and follow-up.
- Ensures appropriate research is undertaken to ensure alignment between corporations or other potential donors, and the values of Fontbonne Ministries and the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph, Toronto.
- Performs ongoing review of fundraising policies, protocols, practices, and donor framework agreements to ensure they meet Canada Revenue Agency requirements and are aligned with industry best practices.
- Nurture relationships and develop partnerships with community stakeholders to ensure sustainability.
- Manage strategic donor and stakeholder relationships.
- Build positive brand image and amplify community awareness through multiple media channels and contacts.
- In collaboration with the Communications Team:
- Develop a comprehensive multi-platform marketing plan for Fontbonne Ministries and its programs, including effective ways of improving the organization’s visibility, enhancing its profile, presence and reputation within the community and social services sector.
- Manage and coordinate marketing programs of the organization across traditional and social media
- Develop key marketing materials and ensure distribution to appropriate audiences.
- Manage Fontbonne Ministries social media platforms and engage its audiences and communities (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Develop and manage, media relations, build relationships with key journalists in the sector.
- Post-secondary education in Fundraising, Marketing, Business, Administration, Social Sciences, Humanities, Journalism, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Three to five years of experience in fundraising, marketing and/or public relations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing successful fundraising strategies, pursuing and maximizing new support and fundraising opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing comprehensive marketing plans, particularly for non-profit organizations, and in the development, management and distribution of print and online marketing collateral and communication tools.
- Demonstrated experience in developing pitches and proposals to secure partnerships and sponsorships, to attract philanthropic-giving, and in preparing of funding proposals.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, delivering and evaluating promotional events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including impeccable attention to detail and accuracy, as well as presentation, relationship management, communication, and negotiation skills, and the ability to liaise effectively with a wide spectrum of stakeholders and personality types.
- Ability to act nimbly and creatively identify options to meet marketing/fundraising needs in a competitive fundraising environment.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a car is an asset.
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours of work: 35 hours per week on average, with flexibility required to meet organizational needs.
Fontbonne Ministries values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify Human Resources at time of interview selection.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only.