|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Humphrey's Family Tree||Full Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||N/A||2019-02-13||2019-04-12|
Child and Youth Worker positions
Humphrey’s Family Tree is looking to hire both full time and part-time Child and Youth Workers for their residential group home. An all male, 5 bed home, applicants seeking employment in our group home will be actively involved in engaging with residents and provide direct support in their day to day living. The group home houses young men from the ages 13-18. Diagnoses range from conduct disorder, to mental health and Autism.
Humphrey's Family Tree provides positive role modeling by men in a home- like setting. The boys will be involved in athletic activities fitting their specific interests with the goal of using exercise as a tool for conditioning the mind and body.
Males placed with the goal of emancipating will be taught skills in the area of independent living including career /vocational development, household management etc. Education will also be a strong focus in the group home, and all males placed in the home will be required to be enrolled in school, those teens that are not in school will have structured time with staff to ensure they stay engaged.
Applicants will know they will have to support residents in whatever circumstances that may arise due to their symptoms of mental illness and/or social emotional concerns.
Applicants must possess the following qualifications.
Valid drivers license
Able to work in a fast pace environment
and can be flexible with helping out the team
* 2 years of experience in the CYW field and 1 year of experience must be in a group home.
* CPI training (or equivalent training that you have taken).
* Organization skills and understand the legal requirements of having proper document writing that adheres to the Child and Family Services Act and Ministry of Family Services Act
* Be able to work both independently as well know they are part of a multidisciplinary team.
Applicants will need to
* Have experience in report writing
* Have knowledge in administering medication and documentation of medication.
* Understand the importance of following daily protocol that is implemented for each shift.
EVENING SHIFT DUTIES:
* greet residents when they come home from school and have them start their evening routines, which includes, homework and exercise.
* Prepare meals with the residents.
* follow evening routines of clean up, bed time and any scheduled programming.
* complete overnight checklist of the duties that need to be done before morning. This will include cleaning, writing and filing paperwork.
* wake residents up and assist in the morning routines. Making boys have completed hygiene routine, breakfast is made for the residents and they are off to school on time.