|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Kingsway Baptist Church||Part Time||Executive (Dept. head, director)||3000040000CAD$30,000 - 40,000||2019-05-11||2019-07-10|
The Director of Family and Children’s Ministry nurtures children and family relationships within our Church body through the implementation of creative programs and events that help children and families grow spiritually and emotionally.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Agrees with the doctrines and beliefs of Kingsway Baptist Church and CBOQ.
2. Possesses a mature Christian faith and demonstrates an active faith walk.
a. A degree from an accredited academic institution. Preference given to those with Biblical training and/or training in the field of children's ministry.
b. Minimum three years of experience related to Family and Children's Ministry in a local Church or Christian organization.
c. A passion to work in Family & Children's Ministry as a way to serve God and advance God’s kingdom.
d. Excellent communication, administrative and organizational skills.
e. Self-starter with good leadership and decision making skills.
f. Ability to work with parents, children, volunteers, ministry leaders and staff to coordinate the ministry maintaining a collaborative posture.
g. Background in child development or education an asset.
h. Knowledge of children with special needs an asset.
i. Prior community outreach experience an asset.
1. The core responsibility is to develop and see to the implementation of Kingsway Baptist Church’s Family and Children's Ministry.
2. Recruit, lead, mentor, coordinate and train people who work with the children of the church.
3. Create, monitor and manage the Family and Children’s Ministry budget.
4. Organize, select and communicate the curriculum for weekly Sunday school and oversee the
Sunday school program.
5. In collaboration with the Youth Pastor
- address parents’ needs relating to Christian parenting skills.
- work to ensure the smooth transition of children from Children’s Ministry to Youth Ministry.
- Maintain alignment of vision and purpose between the two programs.
- Administer the process required under the church’s Abuse Prevention Policies including ensuring that all persons working with children in the church are appropriately screened and trained prior to involvement with children.
6. Attend weekly staff meetings.
7. Participate actively in the life of Kingsway Baptist Church.
This is a 30 hours/ week position.
REPORTING AND EVALUATION
1. The Director of Family and Children's Ministry reports to the Senior Pastor.
2. The Director of Family and Children's Ministry's performance, based on the job description, will be reviewed on an annual basis by the Senior Pastor.