The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) is the national voice of municipal governments, representing the interests of cities and communities with the federal government.
Position: Assistant, Programs Outreach - GMF
Department: FCM Programs
Classification: Level 2
Salary Band: $43,300 - $55,700
Languages: Bilingualism (English and French) is a strong asset
- Reporting to the Manager, Programs Outreach, the Assistant, Programs Outreach provides direct administrative and operational assistance to the Outreach team, within the Client and Funding Services Unit of the Green municipal fund. Key responsibilities include providing comprehensive and efficient administrative support, which includes travel bookings and expenditures tracking; help desk call support and maintaining calendars and daily schedules.
- Monitors and answers the Outreach program dedicated phone line and dispatch calls appropriately.
- Coordinates all travel, meeting and conference logistics for the team. Prepares relevant materials and tracks expenditures in relation to travel and meeting logistics.
- Supports management by providing administrative support in claim filling, budget entries and tracking
- Verifies, codes, and processes invoices and expense claims. Ensures financial guidelines and any terms of contracts are respected.
- Provide data entry services (CRM logging of clients) and updates
- Provides administrative support to management in the daily operations and activities of the team, which includes meeting bookings, file management, note taking, coordinating training, coordinating translation, tracking weekly team updates, coordinating logistics, etc.
- Responsible for taking meeting minutes when appropriate
- Prepares reviews and/or provides feedback for outgoing correspondence and documents, as requested.
- Coordinates set-up and orientation (onboarding) for new staff.
- Provides back-up support to the GMF Administrative Assistants and to the Receptionist, as required.
- May be called upon to undertake projects or other administrative duties as needed.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Post-secondary education in administration, project management or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced work environment.
- Knowledge of business support processes, tools and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of software including Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with a Customer relationship Management (CRM) system is considered an asset.
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight and guidance.
- The ability to work in both official languages is a strong asset
The benefits to joining the FCM team include summer hours (Fridays off between July 1st and Labour Day); office facilities located in the ByWard Market, FCM’s commitment to employee development and a competitive range of employee benefits and services.
For additional information on this posting, or for further information on FCM, access our website at www.fcm.ca.
Visit the careers section of our website to apply. Deadline for applications is December 12, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will only contact those selected for an interview. All the applications will be kept on file for six months following the hiring.