COMPANY: Outside Looking In
JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant
REPORT TO: CEO
TERM: Temporary Contract - Maternity Cover (10 Months)
START DATE: May 6, 2019
Outside Looking In is a national, registered charity founded in 2007. Our mission is to empower Indigenous youth to thrive, through education and the transformative art of dance. Outside Looking In offers an accredited high school dance and leadership program to Indigenous youth in grades 7-12 from various communities, friendship centres and organizations across Canada. Participants who meet the academic and attendance requirements of the program are rewarded with the opportunity to join other Indigenous youth from across Canada for two weeks in Toronto. Youth prepare for the ultimate stage performance to show off their talents and abilities at two sold out shows at the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts.
Outside Looking In has an established history of supporting Indigenous youth, with proven positive benefits in the areas of educational achievement, motivation, self-esteem, mental and physical health, and social wellbeing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strong administrative support to the CEO in every facet of a complex, multi-dimensional role such as scheduling, managing calendar, travel arrangements, expense reports and credit card statement reconciliations, creating, maintaining and securing of confidential and sensitive documents.
- Coordinate and schedule internal and external meetings including the preparation of presentation materials such as PowerPoint, Reports, Excel documents, etc.
- Provide logistic support for all meetings including arrangement of meeting rooms, refreshments, audio-visual equipment and services for the meeting.
- Conduct research, investigation and data analysis on various issues to support the executive.
- Attend and document minutes from all Board of Directors meetings.
- Responsible for broader organizational administrative systems such as ordering supplies, maintaining vendor list, online accounts, policy and procedure updates and forms etc.
- Oversee/coordinate Office equipment/ground maintenance, cleaning, security/access control etc.
- Communicate and response in timely manner to the enquiries over the phone and in person providing the appropriate linkages and referrals as appropriate.
- Handle correspondence and coordinate the submission of invoices and expenses
- Maintain and update policies and procedures of the organization
- Maintain Employee files and vacation schedule
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Highly organized, high level of initiative and problem solving
- Self-motivated, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- High-level of computer literacy (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to assist with the coordination and organization of activities or special events
- Ability to take direction and feedback accordingly and openly
- Ability to work as a team player as well as to work unsupervised
- Ability to be a significant contributor to a small team
- Clear Police Background Check
- Driver’s Licence
- Previous work in or with Indigenous communities an asset
For more information on Outside Looking In, www.olishow.com