Child and Youth Worker / Behaviour Specialist
As an Independent Contractor at wm+a you work according to your schedule!
WORK AVAILABLE: Weekday, evenings, overnights and weekends
LOCATIONS: Toronto, Scarborough, Simcoe area, Peel, Halton and York region
REQUIRED: Diploma in CYW, DSW, BST or B.A. in related discipline
SETTINGS: Schools/day programs, residential settings, hospitals, private homes & community at large
wm+a can offer you:
- Flexible work schedules
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) training
- Crisis trainings: CPI, SMG and UMAB
- Additional trainings such as OCD, ADHD, ODD, FASD and much more!
- Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) training, developed by our clinical experts at AlphaBee, available to associates
Qualifications & Experience:
- Over 5 years of experience with individuals diagnosed with ASD (autism), Mental Health disorders or Dual Diagnosis
- Community college diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline is required (CYW, DSW, BA, BST)
- PSW accepted if in conjunction with any of the above
- Strong work history in 1:1 capacity with complex special needs population (with behavioural challenges)
- Ability to work independently following a client BSP
- Knowledge of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis/data collection is an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Screening required; current VPC accepted within the last 6 months
- Crisis training (CPI, UMAB, SMG) and Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C required
Who we are:
wm+a provides specialized behaviour-based services to individuals with complex needs; Autism Spectrum Disorder, Duel Diagnosis, and Mental Health throughout the GTA and surrounding areas. We are looking for skilled and professional Child and Youth Workers with mid to senior level CYW experience, to join our network of independent contractors.
- Providing individualized and/or crisis supports to children, youth and adults diagnosed with ASD (autism), Developmental Disability, Mental Health disorder and/or Dual Diagnosis
- Implementing client specific goals and ISP/BSP; teaching based on principals of ABA and other evidence-based practices
- Working in diverse settings: schools/day programs, group homes, hospitals, private homes, and the community at large
- Collection and management of data and daily documentation relevant to the clients’ specific programs and goals
To apply directly to wm+a for this position, please go to www.wmanda.com/Career/ and click the "CYW / Behaviour Specialist" link or send your resume to email@example.com.
wm+a we make a difference.