Posting for Telemedicine Nurse Coordinator (RN)
The Canadian Mental Health Association/Peel Dufferin Branch (CMHA/PD) is pleased to announce that we are currently recruiting for the position of Telemedicine (OTN) Nurse Coordinator
Reporting to: Clinical Manager- Bramalea Care Collaborative, the incumbent will support and build on the existing Ontario Telemedicine Program at CMHA/Peel.
This is a full time permanent position for an experienced Registered Nurse who is interested in forming partnerships with health service providers, system and technology development, as well as supporting clients clinically to access the Telemedicine Network. Flexibility to work weekends, public holidays and evening shifts is required. Some local travel within the CW-LHIN is required.
The salary band for this position is: $63,600-$73,600
- Develop and support telemedicine events and clinical consultations.
- Use clinical expertise to host telemedicine educational events/consultations offered to staff, clients and other community partners.
- Provide the clinical support needed to clients while attending sessional or group programs: (Participate in provision of treatment, support and crisis intervention services for individuals accessing telemedicine).
- Represent the point of nursing support for primary care offering services to clients via telemedicine, ( i.e. taking vitals, metabolic monitoring)
- Maintain documentation: Record keeping of telemedicine events/consultation and communication of collateral documentation and referral forms in preparation for Telemedicine events/consultations
- Prepare/oversee internal organizational requirements for telemedicine activity statistics and reporting to the Central West LHIN
- Collaborate with the Ontario Telemedicine Coordinator to develop and implement the work plan on annual basis-- Incorporating National, Provincial and Central West LHIN strategy and resources to CMHA PD’s Telemedicine Program
- Liaise with physicians and Allied Health Care Professionals both internally and externally to build and maintain partnerships.
- Promote Telemedicine to healthcare professionals, clients and the community
- Maintain current knowledge base with respect to the field of telemedicine and maintaining connection to other OTN Nurses in the province.
- Advocate for, and contribute to, the establishment of organizational structures and resources to support the growth of Telemedicine in keeping with the direction and priorities of the organization
- Serve as an organizational point-of-contact for telemedicine
- Observe organizational obligations with respect to Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) in all telemedicine activity
- Train / mentor others in the organization on telemedicine processes and technology (as required)
- Develop internal organizational telemedicine policies, procedures (as required)
- Develop expertise in the use and care of the Telemedicine equipment
- Prepare space for telemedicine events and troubleshoot minor technical problems with equipment use.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Current CPR/First Aid certification Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BScN) is required.
- At least 2 years’ experience with individuals with serious and persistent mental illness, concurrent disorders and/or Dual Diagnosis preferred
- Experience working in a community setting essential
- Must be or become a member of Ontario Telemedicine Network
- Certification with the OTN Clinical Telemedicine Program is an asset.
- Experience in evidence-informed practice, particularly in the areas of mental health, addictions, chronic health conditions, and the youth and ageing population.
- Experience in integrating health and mental health clinical work.
- Experience in providing leadership and consultation in a clinical mental health and addictions setting.
- Experiencing in developing evidence informed presentations and delivering public presentations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Recovery Principles, an asset.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; able to manage competing priorities in a fast paced, often stressful environment.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office, Outlook, Client Record Management Systems
- Knowledge of French or any other languages reflecting the diversity of Peel Region is an asset.
- A valid Canadian driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and relevant insurance.
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check) report.
CMHA Peel Dufferin provides a supportive work environment with a competitive salary, generous training opportunities, excellent benefits and an emphasis on work-life balance. For a list of our Total Rewards, please visit the Careers page on our website www.cmhapeeldufferin.ca/
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application online via the link below:
CMHA Peel Dufferin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CMHA Peel Dufferin will make every effort to accommodate the needs of candidates through the hiring process, under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process.