D.L.C. Residential Services is a community based agency providing residential care to latency aged children and youth diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder; developmental and intellectual disabilities. The children and youth present in the moderate to severe level of functioning with self regulation challenges occasionally requiring physical support as well as social, emotion, communication and daily living needs. D.L.C. is increasing our staffing compliments and have openings for both Full and Part Time Residential Counsellors as well as Full Time Overnight Awake Counsellors in the Scarborough area.
- The Primary Counsellor will be responsible for effectively managing a 2 client caseload as well as assess, manage, design, and implement a treatment plan to respond to the child/youths priority needs.
- The Full and Part Time Support Workers will ensure supportive, safe and predictable environment through the establishment of routines and boundaries. To provide all children and youth opportunities for community involvement as well as a variety of recreational and social activities.
- The Full Time Overnight Awake Counsellor will ensure the health, safety and well being of the children during the night time hours. Will remain awake during all hours and to complete all emergency checklists and procedures.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, time management and critical thinking skills with a strong understanding of boundaries;
- The ability to effectively utilize de-escalation techniques and a sound understanding of Crisis Prevention and Intervention.
- Work collaboratively in determining and understanding the children and how best to support then within the program with the long term goal being that of family re-integration.
- Use tact and judgment in a respectful manner and have the ability to apply these skills in a variety of situations; model positive behaviour and interactions.
- Post-Secondary Education in Behavioural Services, CYC, Developmental Services, Social Services, Psychology, Social Work, etc. or in the process of receiving these qualifications.
- G Class Driver’s License in good standing is mandatory for all full time positions and a definite asset for part time
- Previous experience supporting persons of various ages and abilities in a residential setting, please identify educational placements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; time management and organizational skills essential
- Experience with a variety of communication tools such as Pecs, Sign Language etc.
- Satisfactory clearance under the Criminal Reference Check program for Vulnerable Persons; Child Welfare Check and Pre-employment medical certificate with updated immunizations
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates an asset
Hours of Work
- The Part Time Residential Counsellors will be available at minimum, every second week-end, both Saturday and Sunday (any hours) plus a minimum of two days per week that meet the needs of the agency. Every week-end also meets part time expectations.
- Must be available to start work on week-days, no later than 3 pm.
- The Full Time Residential Counsellors and Overnight Awake Counsellors will work on a rotating schedule including weekdays, evenings, week-ends and holidays.
- Must be available to attend mandatory annual trainings which occur on week-days between 9am and 4pm. approximately 3 times per year.
Please forward resumes to:
Vanessa Borges, Human Resource Advisor
D.L.C. Residential Services
344A Morningside Avenue
Scarborough, ON M1E 3G3
D.L.C. Residential Services strives for equal opportunities, inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
D.L.C. Residential Services thanks all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. PSW DIPLOMA'S not acceptable for these position. No phone calls please.