Position: Fly-in / Fly-out Child and Youth Care Practitioner
Location: Northwest Territories / Nunavut
Starting Compensation: $13, 440.00 / 10 week rotation
Rotating Schedule: 10 weeks on / 10 weeks off
Competition #: CYCP-NORTH-1221
Closing Date: On-going
Are you passionate about working with youth? If so then this amazing opportunity is for you. We are seeking an experienced Child and Youth Care professional to work in the capacity of a fly-in / fly-out Child and Youth Care Practitioner in our Northern locations. Travel and housing costs are covered while on site and compensation rates are progressive with higher wages paid for each successful rotation.
- Being present and engaged in the residence and program.
- Planning and facilitating innovative and creative recreational and therapeutic programming.
- Working intentionally and proactively with youth to maintain a safe and supportive environment.
- Building healthy relationships with youth by taking an interest in their lives, providing positive reinforcement for behaviours and negotiating focused goals.
- Implementing emergency protocols, crisis interventions and non-violent physical interventions as needed.
- Managing and supervising local staff and performing administrative tasks such as payroll sheets, daily logs, incident reports, client files, etc.
- Providing leadership in building and sustaining effective partnerships within the community as a whole.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children and youth preferably in a residential environment.
- A Diploma or Degree in Child and Youth Care preferred though Human Services or a relevant combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Mandatory valid CPR, First Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, ASIST and must possess a valid driver’s license.
- A great sense of humour and ability to manage stressful situations
- Ability to work independently; a self-starter
- Resilience, independence and confidence
- Proficient in report writing
- Working understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Organization and attention to detail
- Energy, enthusiasm and a genuine desire to improve the well-being of youth.
- Successful candidates are responsible for providing a recent clear criminal reference check, vulnerable sector screening, child abuse registry check, TB test, hepatitis A & B screening and drivers abstract.
Formerly known as Atlantic Youth, Shift is a privately owned and operated social service company based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. In operation since 2011, Shift is a progressive company that provides individual and family services in the Maritimes and operates residential youth care programs in Nunavut and Northwest Territories. Learn more at www.experienceshift.ca.
Please submit your cover letter and resume quoting competition CYCP-NORTH-1221 to:
CLOSING DATE: On-going (resumes will be reviewed as they are received).