|Organization Name||Job Categories||Position Type||Region and Location(s)||Career Level||Salary||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|John Howard Society of Toronto||Full Time||Experienced (Non-manager)||4000042500CAD$40,000 - 42,500||2019-07-12||2019-07-18|
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Position: Program Counsellor II (Case Manager)
Program: Donald G. Evans Residences
Function: The role is to provide day to day counselling support to clients. Manage and maintain office space.
Schedule: Full-Time – Five (5) days per week (40 hours); days of work TBD based on the needs of the program
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Starting $42,219 (Salary Grade 4 on JHST Grid)
Reports to: Program Coordinator
1. Maintain a counselling case load as a primary counsellor, in order to facilitate with each client a complete risk/needs assessment.
2. Develop, monitor and adapt a Mutual Agreement Program with each client based upon risk needs assessment.
3. Meet at a minimum once a week each of their clients and accurately record all meetings, goals, progress and activities of each client
4. Ensure case files are maintained in compliance with agency and contract standards.
5. Demonstrate knowledge and practice of micro skills counselling and motivational counselling techniques when liaising with peers and clients.
6. Accurately record all behaviours and activities, both reported and observed, of all clients.
7. Be knowledgeable of community services that relate to the delivery of service in the setting.
8. During his/her shift will monitor and maintain all established program procedures and policies.
9. Complete Monthly Progress Reports and Progress Summary Reports on each of the clients on his/her caseload on a timely basis.
10. Liaise on an on-going basis with CSC including the appropriate arrangement of all travel permits, RDA, Metro pass and overall progress of each of the clients.
11. Establish rapport with family, referral worker, outside resources, and any other party who has legal involvement with the client.
12. Provide or take appropriate action to provide the client with special programs to meet their needs, consistent with the client’s M.A.P.
13. Under the direction of their supervisor, organize, implement and/or deliver group or individual programs that are aimed at addressing identified needs of individuals or groups.
14. Utilizing cognitive-behavioural techniques assist the client in program needs including job skills, mannerisms, personal hygiene, problem-solving, assertiveness training, communication skills, values clarification, anger management and leisure skills.
15. Assume on-call responsibilities as appropriate.
16. Actively participate in developing and implementing systems (i.e. Forms, questionnaires etc.) which will facilitate the case management process.
17. Remain awake, alert and attentive and attentive to client needs at all times when on shift.
18. Perform all responsibilities of program counsellor I, as required
19. Perform other duties or assignments as directed by Director or his/her designate.
1. Community college diploma or university degree and/or combination of education and experience
2. 2 years counselling experience in criminal justice system
3. Experience in social services.
4. Knowledge of community resources
5. Demonstrate equivalency of experience and training will be considered.
6. Intermediate-Advanced word processing skills are required.
7. Reliability check through Public Works
The John Howard Society is an equal opportunity employer and a United Way member agency. Should any accommodation be required, please let a Director know prior to an interview.
Please submit all cover letters and resumes (combined into one document) in confidence by email to Scott Leone, Director of Residential Services, at email@example.com by 11:59pm on July 18, 2019. Be sure to indicate the position that you are applying for in your cover letter.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.*