The College of Physiotherapists of Ontario regulates physiotherapists and exists to serve the public interest. The College protects the rights of patients to safe, competent and ethical care by ensuring physiotherapists maintain professional standards of practice and are held accountable for their conduct and practice.
The College is currently seeking a detail-oriented, quick learner who is self-motivated for the Registration Administrator role. This is an entry-level position and requires an administrative background with excellent organizational and time management skills.
The Registration Administrator will report directly to the Registration Manager. The Registration Administrator is responsible for handling preliminary inquiries about the registration component of the Registration program and provides administrative support to the team.
- Provides preliminary information to applicant, members, and stakeholders about registration and professional incorporation and identifies inquiries that require escalation to the Manager.
- Processes mail, e-mail, including scanning and faxing documents and coordinating couriers as required.
- Drafts routine correspondence and decisions.
- Reviews and processes registration and professional corporation applications and provides feedback to applicants on application status and missing documents required to meet eligibility requirements of their certificate.
- Responds to queries and provides detailed information about Registration policies and procedures, as well as Public Register information to stakeholders.
- Assists in planning, preparing and maintaining annual registration renewal.
- Supports other registration needs as directed, such as assisting in the preparation of communications or presentation materials.
- Identifies problems or opportunities for potential improvement and offers solutions.
- Responds to queries by email, phone and in-person, and provides detailed information regarding Registration policies and procedures, as well as public register information to stakeholders.
- Flags concerns regarding inquiries that do not meet policies and procedures and brings these to the attention of the Manager.
- Provides customer service for annual registration renewal, PISA, and Jurisprudence as required.
- Refers callers to external agencies as required.
- Prioritizes inquiries by urgency and importance.
Data/File Maintenance & Information Support
- Completes data entry and ensures that electronic files for assigned activities are accurate and current.
- Archives and purges files in accordance with College’s Records Management policy.
- Maintains awareness of environmental trends as it relates to the area of responsibility through the review of relevant literature, conference attendance, and communications with stakeholders and provides reports to staff as required.
- Provides support to College-wide functions as required participating on cross-departmental projects or team building activities, which contribute to the culture and continuing quality improvement of College work.
- Participates in the College’s cross-coverage activities which provide coverage during absences and peak times to maintain organizational efficiency and customer service.
Education & Experience
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of office experience in an entry-level position. Recent graduates will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Knowledge of word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality front-line services.
- Positive attitude and pro-active work ethic
- Strong problem-solving and advanced organizational skills to support multi-tasking.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Ability to work independently and to perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to consistently exercise good judgement.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines.
Terms, Salary, and Working Conditions
- This is a full-time one-year contract.
- Start date: September 1, 2019
- As per the College’s compensation framework, salary will be in accordance with the years of experience, skills, and The starting base salary for a Registration Administrator with two years of proven professional experience is $51,100.
To apply, please forward your résumé and cover letter, highlighting related experience to email@example.com no later than July 25, 2019. Please quote Registration Administrator and your name in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) & the College’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the recruitment and hiring process.